BioLite Kickstarter ALERT - Portable FirePit!

• HTML tutorial

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Looks like the folks at BioLite are at it once again! :)

But that's a good thing. I'm sure my fellow OB'ers are familiar with their products, and may even own a few of their cool camp gadgets already. I for one love what these guys are doing, and will be backing this project as well. Just wish I would of been one of the first 400 backers that got the new FirePit for just $169! C'est la vie!

Here's a link just in case any of you are interested in snatching up this piece of kit for your rigs. Enjoy!

JUST 8 HOURS LEFT!!!

BioLite FirePit LIVE on Kickstarter!

Last edited:

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Got an email from them today saying they where doing great. I'll keep checking as you said.
Yes, they are. They just passed $1,000,000!

They are heavily trying to promote the Rumpl throw bundle, so some backers are upgrading their reward tiers... which frees up some of the Early Bird tier spots. Good luck! :)

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

its got some cool ideas i suppose, but i think i'll pass. hope thats ok on this thread. my experience with biolite (the woodburning camp stove) has not been that great, (never performs as i expect it to, with crazy long burn times and a high maintenance fire) and it seems like it's giving me something i don't need. my limited electronics can easily be charged while driving, that's worked so far. so the power situation is not something i really need. the fire pit is cool, but $200 for a fire pit to replace a ring of free rocks? a well burning fire should have limited smoke anyway, and does everyone really run from a fire at the first sign of white rabbits? maybe that's why it's smoking, nobody is looking after it? as well, it seems like a bit more care is needed packing it away and transporting it, as opposed to a small cheap beat up propane bbq. for me it's just one more thing to purchase and carry. my 2 cents. hope it's cool. i appreciate the heads up about this product and i always like to see their new stuff, since nobody else is really doing it like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obi-Juan

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
its got some cool ideas i suppose, but i think i'll pass. hope thats ok on this thread. my experience with biolite (the woodburning camp stove) has not been that great, (never performs as i expect it to, with crazy long burn times and a high maintenance fire) and it seems like it's giving me something i don't need. my limited electronics can easily be charged while driving, that's worked so far. so the power situation is not something i really need. the fire pit is cool, but $200 for a fire pit to replace a ring of free rocks? a well burning fire should have limited smoke anyway, and does everyone really run from a fire at the first sign of white rabbits? maybe that's why it's smoking, nobody is looking after it? as well, it seems like a bit more care is needed packing it away and transporting it, as opposed to a small cheap beat up propane bbq. for me it's just one more thing to purchase and carry. my 2 cents. hope it's cool. i appreciate the heads up about this product and i always like to see their new stuff, since nobody else is really doing it like this.
Everyone here at OB is entitled to their opinion of course. While this product isn't for everyone, it will sell very well at your local REI to accommodate folks who see a need for an all-in-one portable firepit that you can take just about anywhere. Whether at a secluded beach, forest campsite, or even a tail gate event, this product further reinforces the need to "Leave No Trace Behind", which I think the OB community is pretty good about doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rexplorer

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
Looks like the folks at BioLite are at it once again! :)

But that's a good thing. I'm sure my fellow OB'ers are familiar with their products, and may even own a few of their cool camp gadgets already. I for one love what these guys are doing, and will be backing this project as well. Just wish I would of been one of the first 400 backers that got the new FirePit for just $169! C'est la vie!

Here's a link just in case any of you are interested in snatching up this piece of kit for your rigs. Enjoy!

BioLite FirePit LIVE on Kickstarter!

Update: Less than 30 hours left!