• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Garfinkle
Hi,
I was curious if anyone has heard of a newer model of the firepit that will be coming out? I was reading some reviews and a lot were saying wait for the new model so I was curious if there will be one.

TomInOregon

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Moss
Service Branch
USMC
Hopefully a newer model will be more rust-resistant and have the heat recharge the fan's battery. I went with another fire pit due to the number of complaints about the mesh rusting on these. I love the idea, though, and hope they make it into a winner.

Deriggs007

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
I had one, but stopped using it when I picked up the firebox stove.

I’m a mix between camping, light overlanding, backcountry camping/hiking. The firebox stove was just more versatile and burned longer than the biolite

You also didn’t need anything to run along with it and the charging for my iPhone just didn’t work for me. my personal opinion of it anyways.

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

We are thinking of adding this to our teardrop. I havent heard about a gen2 version that would charge its own fan, and the rusting does seem to be a bit of concern. I do like that its not on the ground, and that the fan acts like a second person tending the flames. However, they are on sale right now.

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Hopefully a newer model will be more rust-resistant and have the heat recharge the fan's battery. I went with another fire pit due to the number of complaints about the mesh rusting on these. I love the idea, though, and hope they make it into a winner.
I have been waiting for BioLite to come back in stock to purchase. What was the alternative you went with to avoid the rust?

TomInOregon

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Moss
Service Branch
USMC
Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier. We got the Fireside Outdoor Pop-up fire pit. It's a smaller version of the one we had made by a blacksmith years ago. Ours is 24"X24" and meets all NFS and BLM requirements for a raised fire pit. Since the sides aren't too high, we can see the flames and logs. We also are getting a propane burner to put inside so we can still use it when firewood isn't allowed. We prefer firewood, though.
fireside-outdoor-pop-up-pit-with-grill-grates-carry-bags.jpegFireside-Pop-Up-Fire-Pit.jpg

Last edited:

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I stopped using my Biolite firepit after the first few uses and got a Wolf & Grizzly Campfire Trio, which packs up so much smaller than the relatively big Firepit, this allows me to keep it in my truck at all times, the only thing I did extra was by a firemat 24" diameter to put under it, just to be safe.

That is pretty sweet. And it looks like it all packs up in the bag to keep it all together.