Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
When my now-wife and I were dating, we went up to the Six Rivers National Forest to bum around and explore. Part of the trip up involved driving up the Bigfoot Scenic Highway at night.
We stopped to answer a call of nature, and heard something big crashing through the underbush towards us and we boogied. I ended up talking to a crew of guys who were in the same area close to the same time, and they said that something was throwing rocks at them when they stopped for the same reason.
Then a little while later, a bear jumped off the embankment over the road cut and landed on a cop car and flipped it over and the car caught fire. So it was probably just that bear.

Reactions: Flipper

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

It's not impossible, but IMO not probable.
There are so many hunters cameras in every forest, surely one would of been caught on camera by now.
Or they're very very keen on staying away from humans.

Reactions: Wildcat-01

RamonaWitt

Rank I

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Ramona
Last Name
Witt
My encounters have almost exclusively been butterflies and field mice, but once in 2018 I was fueling up in the middle of nowhere and had a local show me his plaster cast of a footprint.

View attachment 276720

I also want to know, what after that?, but now everything is working fine. You explained it so well, and I understood it completely, I am facing one more problem, As a writing student, I am working hard to improve my writing. When I got stuck, I looked online for professional help. After researching more to find the solution for this, I found Essay Writing Services - UK Writings ukwritings, Now my essay writing problem is completely solved. They not only provided excellent essays but also helped me to clarify my understanding of the subject. Highly recommended for anyone looking for help with academic writing.
I also want to know, what after that?

Last edited:

hrichard

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger III

Camden, DE, USA
First Name
HARRY
Last Name
RICHARD
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UVV
I've spent a ton of time in the woods of the mid atlantic region, I have never seen anything that leads me to believe they are around, at least not here.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I had an interesting experience in the woods of BC which at the time I didn't think of as a bigfoot encounter.

I had taken a couple of my kids up East Harrison for a bush campout for a couple of nights, and despite it being unfortunately quite busy in the area, we managed to find a nice little spot off the FSR, perhaps 20 meters into the bush, beside a creek. The road was east of us and to the west was a fair chunk of dense bush on a small jut out into the lake. On the opposite side of the creek, a couple of ladies were camped out, and across the road were some families with dirt bikes.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I was suddenly awakened by what I distinctly recognized as the sound of something heavy, probably a stone, hitting the ground with a thud and rolling a short way in the underbrush behind my tent. I listened for a little while, and a minute or two later, the same sound was repeated, with the object hitting near the same spot as the first. I had my 12 gauge shot gun, but for some reason, which seems strange in retrospect, I wasn't much alarmed by this. I could have jumped out of the cot tent with the gun at the ready, but for some reason I just listened for about ten more minutes, during which I heard nothing else, not even the sound of anyone retreating into the bush or passing by, and finally I just went back to sleep.

The next morning, thinking it was strange that I wasn't more alarmed by the event, made a quick check behind the tent, but I didn't see anything. I asked the kids if they had heard anything in the night, but they apparently didn't notice a thing or even wake up, which is also a bit strange since they were in a ground tent and therefore would have felt the impact through the ground more easily than I did, being in a cot tent.

I didn't think much about this until I posted the account in a facebook group dedicated to the FSRs in that area, and one of the replies seemed to strongly believe it had been a bigfoot tossing rocks at me, and strongly urged me to talk to the First Nations folks living in the village at the north end of the lake, as they would be extremely interested to hear my story. Other posters agreed. I never did end up taking it further, but it was certainly a curious incident.

I did some research after the fact that suggested that Grizzly bears sometimes throw large stones like a shotput, so perhaps it was only a grizzly, but the facebook group was fairly convinced that bigfoot himself was tossing rocks at me lol

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
OK...not the type of guy to let my imagination get the better of me but this certainly had me scratchin' my head.

We were in this camp for 7-8 days...foothills of the Eastern step to the Tibetan Plateau. Quite a magical secluded spot. Guess you could say Yeti country...haha

Anyways...we were getting some decent rainfall every day...no visitors...just me...the wife and our somewhat fierce Sichuan cat who was making a heck of a racket during the night. Something not all that uncommon. In the morning went about my morning routine and came across this...

Whatever it was had some good distance between steps/hops. Those are size 14 flip-flops by the way. Oh ya...cat was pretty nervous for the next few weeks.

Attachments

Reactions: Flipper

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
OK...not the type of guy to let my imagination get the better of me but this certainly had me scratchin' my head.

We were in this camp for 7-8 days...foothills of the Eastern step to the Tibetan Plateau. Quite a magical secluded spot. Guess you could say Yeti country...haha

Anyways...we were getting some decent rainfall every day...no visitors...just me...the wife and our somewhat fierce Sichuan cat who was making a heck of a racket during the night. Something not all that uncommon. In the morning went about my morning routine and came across this...

Whatever it was had some good distance between steps/hops. Those are size 14 flip-flops by the way. Oh ya...cat was pretty nervous for the next few weeks.
so either you're Bigfoot, or Bigfoot wears size 14 flip-flops? :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sea Diamond

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Just going to toss this out there, I am in BC and regularly camp 50 or more miles away from anything. I rarely see any large animals at all, camped near small lakes and flats along creeks. Could Bigfoot exist sure, lots of food and basically empty wilderness for most of BC, but until the province is one big parking lot you will never know for sure.