Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

This is why we can't have nice things...

Add this to the illegal grow and booby trapped Old Coast Road last week and the Big Sur back roads are becoming a bit of a no go area. Sad to see this.

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

They need to put some gatekeepers in like boulders and big holes. Give the private prop owners a gated road. People are the real virus.
The thing that struck me about the report was that 'canping' was by definition illegal in this area. I'm not sure if that is just bad reporting (which wouldn't surprise me from this outfit) or something that came from the Forest Service. All in all not a good sign.

There are designated primitive sites and a lot of private land. The campers were not respecting the boundaries, tearing down barriers, using non designated areas and illegal fires. Going into private land. A real mess.

The thing that struck me about the report was that 'canping' was by definition illegal in this area. I'm not sure if that is just bad reporting (which wouldn't surprise me from this outfit) or something that came from the Forest Service. All in all not a good sign.