Big river side of Mississippi folk here?

• HTML tutorial

Sledder10

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Oxford, MS, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Simon
Oxford, here. If anyone has found cool places in the three years this was posted, I’d appreciate the tips lol
I’ve found a few places on this side of Sardis to drive around and try to get stuck. A lot of locals take their SXS and 4wheelers and jeeps out there when it’s muddy. When it snowed last year I drove out there by myself and it was a good time. But once I get my pickup buttoned back up I wanna spend a day on the trails at Pickwick. Are you on Instagram?

Reactions: Taco07

Taco07

Rank I

Contributor III

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cook
Sup peeps,

New to sight and overlanding. In memphis area. Looking to do LBL or ozarks asap (within a month). Don't know a thing about either but experience is the best teacher!

Closer to home there is Sugar creek for pure offroading and chickasaw state forest. Neither are as cool as turkey bay or ozarks but you can camp at CF and catch plenty of mud at sugar creek.

Also, a hidden gem that I'm dying to try is the MS River. When water is down you can drive as far as you can see (no telling how far) on beach. Shelby Forest is a good place to start/end. I'll try to attach pic but the view was surreal for being the muddy MS.

Hit me up if anyone is interested in doing a ride or weekend trip.

Attachments

Reactions: Sledder10

BarrysTacoTruck

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Water Valley, Yalobusha County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Pettigrew
Member #

Oxford, here. If anyone has found cool places in the three years this was posted, I’d appreciate the tips lol
I’ve found a few places on this side of Sardis to drive around and try to get stuck. A lot of locals take their SXS and 4wheelers and jeeps out there when it’s muddy. When it snowed last year I drove out there by myself and it was a good time. But once I get my pickup buttoned back up I wanna spend a day on the trails at Pickwick. Are you on Instagram?
I’ve rode some along the beach at Sardis while the waters down and it is a good time. Good place to fly the drone too

Taco07

Rank I

Contributor III

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Cook
I’ve rode some along the beach at Sardis while the waters down and it is a good time. Good place to fly the drone too
Been a few years but I remember seeing folks down there. Any idea if they let you camp on beach?

Sledder10

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Oxford, MS, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Simon
Sup peeps,

New to sight and overlanding. In memphis area. Looking to do LBL or ozarks asap (within a month). Don't know a thing about either but experience is the best teacher!

Closer to home there is Sugar creek for pure offroading and chickasaw state forest. Neither are as cool as turkey bay or ozarks but you can camp at CF and catch plenty of mud at sugar creek.

Also, a hidden gem that I'm dying to try is the MS River. When water is down you can drive as far as you can see (no telling how far) on beach. Shelby Forest is a good place to start/end. I'll try to attach pic but the view was surreal for being the muddy MS.

Absolutely! I’ve also been dying to hit LBL and the ozarks. There’s a monthly “Rigs n Coffee” that started in November, and several of the people there are frequenters of the Ozarks. If you search “oxford rigs and coffee” on Facebook it’ll pop up. I’ve gotta finish up my new bumper and get my suspension put back together before I can do much, tho. Hopefully in the next week or two.

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Sup peeps,

Brian, welcome! I missed the shout out by a day lol. We just drove through your area for the day yesterday over MS River I40 to Millington, back to the Pyramid BassPro and returned back west before evening. We are definitely up for heading back that way soon and heck yeh a River run would be awesome!

Joe

BarrysTacoTruck

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Water Valley, Yalobusha County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Pettigrew
Member #

Been a few years but I remember seeing folks down there. Any idea if they let you camp on beach?
As long as you aren’t bothering the hunters during deer season, I think you can camp