Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

Would anyone be up for taking a 3 day weekend in September or October to go wheeling in Big Bend.
I was thinking a Saturday-Monday.

I was thinking of doing West river road to black gap and down to east river road and with time over to old ore road.

I am in South Texas, sadly drove 8 hours to the park this past weekend payed for my backcountry permits and was called back to work for an emergency.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
I'm interested if the dates work out - the Texas Expo is this coming weekend and I want to go. Middle of October (12-14) is doable. Let me know. Maybe others will want to tag along.

Reactions: csacco

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

I'm interested if the dates work out - the Texas Expo is this coming weekend and I want to go. Middle of October (12-14) is doable. Let me know. Maybe others will want to tag along.
I think I can make 12-14 work, I will check today and let you know

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
I have no idea how to go about setting up an event, but if you do, please go ahead.

What are the basics you have in mind for the trip? Will we meet at BBNP, somewhere in between (Junction, Ft. Stockton, Del Rio, or???)? Stay in established campgrounds, or go back country? I'm okay with any of this, just need to get some idea so I can start my old brain working on it.

Hopefully some more folks will jump in. BBNP should be pretty nice this time of year.

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

I have no idea how to go about setting up an event, but if you do, please go ahead.

What are the basics you have in mind for the trip? Will we meet at BBNP, somewhere in between (Junction, Ft. Stockton, Del Rio, or???)? Stay in established campgrounds, or go back country? I'm okay with any of this, just need to get some idea so I can start my old brain working on it.

Hopefully some more folks will jump in. BBNP should be pretty nice this time of year.
I’m thinking we can do back country the whole time. I had everything mapped out from my last trip. My thoughts where do river road from the west side, take that to black gap, (camp at a back country site some point before black gap), then down Glenn springs road back to river road and then take old ore road and camp at some site.

For meeting we could do Marathon Texas , or Junction, Del Rio does not matter to me. For me the last town with real stores is Del Rio.

csacco

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer III

Corpus Christi Texas
First Name
courtney
Last Name
sacco
Member #

OK even has been made you should have gotten an invite

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
Got the invite, went to the event and tried to RSVP but am told I have reached maximum. Don't know what's going on, but I plan on being there!