Kueezy

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Grand Prairie, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Cuizon
Was offered an internship in Austin for the summer, so will have to cancel my RSVP. Enjoy y’all’s trip
Depending where you end up living, we have two monthly meetups in the area. First or third saturday.

Glad you mentioned that, I’m actually driving the 3 hours from DFW to meet up for the Rigs and Coffee meet this Saturday. Look forward to seeing y’all there.

Reactions: DosTacos

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Guy's I went ahead and RSVP'd that I can go. I want to go for sure, but i want to make sure i know what im getting into. I'll be bringing my camper down to boondock, but my truck is essentially a stock 2wd f150 so I dont know how much driving i'll be able to do, mainly because i'm not familiar with the area.

so any guidance would be helpful. If my truck wont be able to make it on any of the trails then i may drop out.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Guy's I went ahead and RSVP'd that I can go. I want to go for sure, but i want to make sure i know what im getting into. I'll be bringing my camper down to boondock, but my truck is essentially a stock 2wd f150 so I dont know how much driving i'll be able to do, mainly because i'm not familiar with the area.

so any guidance would be helpful. If my truck wont be able to make it on any of the trails then i may drop out.
These are from Black Gap WMA. To be fair there were some rough spots too. I did it in thecopcar.

2AAEB077-0AB9-4A12-BE7D-E0A457C20D8A.jpeg

B839598A-8FA0-4902-97D4-627C17F146DE.jpeg

Then another trip, actually in the NP. We did River Rd in the end.

AB72350D-6B8A-40AB-84DB-85C62BEE05AA.jpeg

J_Walker1977

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker

You'll be fine - but we haven't heard from Dos in a minute!

ICY-TRD

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Eagle Pass, TX, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Fayad
Member #

Service Branch
USMC/US ARMY
I was invited by Matt H., this will be my 1st Overlanding trip, and I'm pretty stoked about it. Looking forward to meeting everyone ND to learn as much as possible!

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Really glad you are making it. Your truck will be just fine for what we're doing. The trails at the national park are fairly mild and can be done in a 2wd F150. We'll also have several experienced people there to help spot you through any challenging spots. This will also help build your confidence in the trucks capabilities.
How long is your camper? The should be plenty of room but I want to plan accordingly.

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Dos- you coming to coffee Saturday?
Hey man, sorry I missed this. The last couple meetings have overlapped with family trips. If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to call or text me. I may not answer the first time you call as I don't typically answer strange numbers but I'll call right back if you leave a VM.

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

How long is your camper? The should be plenty of room but I want to plan accordingly.
Jon, this got me thinking. I’m bringing my teardrop to camp in. I’ve assumed that size wasn’t an issue.
Hey Rex, teardrop is fine. I've had a 32' camper out there. I'm just thinking that with this many rigs plus a handful of trailers, we may need to spread out a little more than we have in the past. I believe NotYoTaco will have his turtleback trailer as well. As far as I know, those will be the 3trailers we'll have so should be fine.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Hey Rex, teardrop is fine. I've had a 32' camper out there. I'm just thinking that with this many rigs plus a handful of trailers, we may need to spread out a little more than we have in the past. I believe NotYoTaco will have his turtleback trailer as well. As far as I know, those will be the 3trailers we'll have so should be fine.
Sounds good. I've also been scheming with the local distillery to decide what to bring.

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Really glad you are making it. Your truck will be just fine for what we're doing. The trails at the national park are fairly mild and can be done in a 2wd F150. We'll also have several experienced people there to help spot you through any challenging spots. This will also help build your confidence in the trucks capabilities.
I dont know how I missed your message earlier. I can't wait to go.
My camper is 22' so it's not too big, but its certainly not a teardrop.

Attachments

huffj

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Seabrook, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Huff
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'll have my M1101 trailer with a rooftop tent on it if there is room. It's about the size of a turtleback , if it's to much I can leave it home.

20220724_151903.jpg

Last edited: