Big Bend NP - Thanksgiving Weekend

• HTML tutorial

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I'll be in Terlingua for the next couple weeks and planning a multi-night trip into the park and some trails for around Thanksgiving (11/22-26 or so), if anyone is interested in joining, or meeting up, let me know!

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

I can't make it this year, but there is a group from Texas Overland staying at Rancho Topanga this year, right around the same time frame.
They typically hit both parks and surrounding areas. If you're on facebook, look up Texas Overland if you aren't already part of that group.
I plan on heading that way next year between Xmas and NYE 2018. My goal is the NW side of the State Park and/or Black Gap WMA.

Reactions: aearles

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
I can't make it this year, but there is a group from Texas Overland staying at Rancho Topanga this year, right around the same time frame.
They typically hit both parks and surrounding areas. If you're on facebook, look up Texas Overland if you aren't already part of that group.
I plan on heading that way next year between Xmas and NYE 2018. My goal is the NW side of the State Park and/or Black Gap WMA.
Thanks man, I'll check them out. I don't actually live in Texas, I travel full-time and I'm just currently in Texas for a few weeks.

Reactions: TXpedition

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Change of plans, heading into the park for this weekend instead. Will be without service soon but if anyone happens to be out here this weekend, try me on 146.520/146.460 or the 146.820 repeater. We'll be south of the Chisos mostly, plan is River Road and Marsical Mine... for now.

Reactions: TXpedition

NoahGenda

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the road
Member #

Hey dude, we also travel full time and are in Texas from today - 12/5 before we head into NM for the month of December. Would be rad if we crossed paths

Reactions: aearles

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Hey dude, we also travel full time and are in Texas from today - 12/5 before we head into NM for the month of December. Would be rad if we crossed paths
Cool [emoji1309]. We ended up accelerating our schedule a bit (real bad w/ plans lol) and we're in Las Cruces now from an overnight but we'll be heading west over the next couple days across AZ to Southern CA. We'll be near Joshua Tree for all of December, planning a Mojave trip and DV from there probably. Also planning a few nights in Anza if you'll be over that way.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Fitz4x4

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

DFW
Member #

Change of plans, heading into the park for this weekend instead. Will be without service soon but if anyone happens to be out here this weekend, try me on 146.520/146.460 or the 146.820 repeater. We'll be south of the Chisos mostly, plan is River Road and Marsical Mine... for now.
Hope to see some pics of your adventure. Im from DFW area and have always wanted to venture out there. Good Luck and be safe!