Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
Hello All! I'm picking up my new Turtleback trailer the first week of June. I'll take a few days to outfit the trailer and then I plan on making my way down to south Texas to the Big Bend National Park and spending a few days there before it gets too hot. Anyone interested in a meetup sometime between 17 - 30 June, 2019, let me know. Of course, cervezas and tacos in Boquillas, MX while we're down there so bring your passport. Look it up if you've never heard of it... it's a fun little adventure! I'll be traveling from the Phoenix, AZ area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ross Hoffman

BROGAN

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
BROGAN
Member #

It sounds like you've been before. But June will already be hot man. Very HOT. Just got back, it was 90s in the basin. But dont let that stop you or anyone else, just making sure everyone is well aware. After the first night, we didnt set up camp until after dark.

Attachments

OkieMizzou

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Darby, Montana, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7MTP
I here ya and thanks for the consideration. I've lived in Arizona for the last 25 years and work in Asia & the Middle East so hot is a relative term for me. I've been tracking the weather down there. With 90 + humidity levels I don't expect to have anyone take me up on an offer to meet up! I'm sure I'll have the place all to myself... I'm also considering northern New Mexico as well.

BROGAN

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
BROGAN
Member #

Do your walking trails in the morning and evening. In between have fun exploring all the 4x4 trails, in the cool comfort of the truck, thats what we did. You can easily fill a full day with a mix of those activities. I love wheelin, my wife loves beautiful vistas. Big Bends got both. If you have the time and opportunity, then go. No regrets, exploration is necessary.