Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If you are planing on going to Big Bend soon please check the NPS site to see closures due to flooding.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparksalot

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Be advised that is the week of the Terlingua Chili cook off, which brings about 10,000 folks to the area which is already resource limited. A good bit of them also visit the park.
Thanks for the heads up, we wont be there until the 6th probably, but I will plan accordingly.

Reactions: Renegade

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
@Kent R how was the trip? Headed there for the first time in the spring and looking for advice/resources/destinations. Thanks
The recap is on this page

Reactions: Brady82

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

@Kent R how was the trip? Headed there for the first time in the spring and looking for advice/resources/destinations. Thanks
Went there the end of April! Big Bend is beautiful! I think I saw one of the most epic sunsets out there when at camp. I would go as early as possible, if you can, as it gets very hot, at least for me. We had over 100 degree days, and the sun was brutal-lots of sunscreen! We camped down near the Rio Grande, saw lots of wildlife, and ran the River Rd and Black Gap trails, which was lots of fun. We were on a trip cross country, to continue down into Baja, so we were only in Big bend for 2 nights/3 days. I'll absolutely go back again! The town of Terlingua is a must visit when you're out there!

Reactions: Brady82