Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

2015 JKU seeking long term relationship with new tires (the old worn out set just isn’t doing it for us anymore)
Both are great tires and I’ve owned both (before PC was bought out). Anyone currently running the pro comps? Opinions please?? Thanks in advance!

LvFunnyFarm

Catzuk

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
David
Last Name
Ward
Member #

I ran the procomps and they were great tires. Not apples to apples comparison to the Ko2 in my opinion however. The Procomps are a much better highway tire, great in all conditions, quieter ride, great wet weather traction, but I'd say fair to average in the offroad side. The sidewall is a bit thinner than the 3 ply bfg's, but never had any issues. They are a quiet tire and balanced out well. Plus with the 60K warranty, can't go wrong if your putting more highway miles on and a little less offroad performance is acceptable. I liked them on our 07 jk, but I want something more aggressive again but not back to mud terrains like we had on before. The procomps are priced much better most of the time so that is a plus.

That said, the direction I am going for new tires on our 07 JK are the Nitto EXO grapplers.
https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/exo-grappler-all-weather-traction-light-truck-tire/
A much more comparable tire to the BFG Ko2. It has a 3 ply sidewall and a more aggressive tread pattern. Its snowflake rated for snow and siped for wet/winter traction as well. I was impressed when looking at them in person. Just some extra food for thought.

Lvfunnyfarm

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

I ran the procomps and they were great tires. Not apples to apples comparison to the Ko2 in my opinion however. The Procomps are a much better highway tire, great in all conditions, quieter ride, great wet weather traction, but I'd say fair to average in the offroad side. The sidewall is a bit thinner than the 3 ply bfg's, but never had any issues. They are a quiet tire and balanced out well. Plus with the 60K warranty, can't go wrong if your putting more highway miles on and a little less offroad performance is acceptable. I liked them on our 07 jk, but I want something more aggressive again but not back to mud terrains like we had on before. The procomps are priced much better most of the time so that is a plus.

That said, the direction I am going for new tires on our 07 JK are the Nitto EXO grapplers.
https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/exo-grappler-all-weather-traction-light-truck-tire/
A much more comparable tire to the BFG Ko2. It has a 3 ply sidewall and a more aggressive tread pattern. Its snowflake rated for snow and siped for wet/winter traction as well. I was impressed when looking at them in person. Just some extra food for thought.
I’ll have a look!

LvFunnyFarm

Lvfunnyfarm

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, Nv
First Name
Candi
Last Name
Skehan
Member #

I’ve been shopping around and have eliminated pro comps completely. BUT I came across the new BFG KM3! Anyone have experience with these new good looking tires??

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk