Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I am ready to buy a winch bumper, I am pretty sure I am going with a custom bumper, I know a guy that has a shop in Fresno that will build me one. There is picture of one he built below. Before I pull the trigger I just want to know what do you think is the best winch bumper?

14095976_638693152972699_6140846989418661992_n.jpg

Reactions: awolfnspirit

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

My father has an ARB on his 1984 Land Cruiser, and I have friends that have ARB too and all I know is they are built with precision and meant for a beating. When I get the money, I too will go ARB on my rig.

ManWithJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

Very happy with my Smittybilt.

They make a bull bar that bolts to the top of the bumper and protects the winch, haven't got that yet for mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: awolfnspirit

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

My father has an ARB on his 1984 Land Cruiser, and I have friends that have ARB too and all I know is they are built with precision and meant for a beating. When I get the money, I too will go ARB on my rig.
I like the ARB also, but it is $1000 more than the custom I am looking at, not sure if it is worth the extra investment.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Very happy with my Smittybilt.

They make a bull bar that bolts to the top of the bumper and protects the winch, haven't got that yet for mine.
I also like the Smittybikt, unfortunately they do not make one for my rig.

Ronzonnie

Rank 0

Contributor I

For my F-250 ill be getting a front Bumper from Fusion Bumpers. They are not big bulky things that take over the front end of your truck. Has winch ready. Built in light options and shackle mounts. I just waiting on some money to "invest' [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I believe you used the perfect word, "investment".
I think any quality part is an investment in vehicle, As long as it works for intended purpose, so I struggle to pay extra money for a name brand no matter how good their reputation. In addition no matter how good the craftsmenship it is still semi mass produced product as opposed to one that is made for me by a craftsmen that I know does very good work.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

For my F-250 ill be getting a front Bumper from Fusion Bumpers. They are not big bulky things that take over the front end of your truck. Has winch ready. Built in light options and shackle mounts. I just waiting on some money to "invest' [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920P using OB Talk mobile app
That is a good looking bumper alsp.

Nig

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

WI
Member #

Give expedition one a look, http://expeditiononestore.com/t/ford
Quality is outstanding, great customer service. I took a deer square on at 40mph a few years back and only lost a driving light. everything stayed straight and didn't tweak.. They also offer a Mil/LE/EMT discount as well.

3ilnouri

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Kuwait
Member #

Well it depends on what's your rig

This is mine it's from a company called TJM it's the same as ARB but I got it at a better price than ARB that's why I pulled the trigger on it

Sent from my E6833 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: stuart.404

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ive got a prerunner from Road Armor. I think they started the massive bumper craze. Winch housing, "bull" bar, tabs to mount 6 extra lights, and more handsome than competitors. they go on sale periodically, so I waited until the had a good deal and got a front and rear.

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Thanks everyone, I am going with custom. I think it is the right choice considering cost and my needs.

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Thanks everyone, I am going with custom. I think it is the right choice considering cost and my needs.
I'm also looking at different options for my 03 Suburban. Pickings are slim for mine and I'll either get an ARB made for a 100 series LC and mod it to fit or go full custom. ARB does make a bumper for my rig, but it is HUGE and doesn't look right. I prefer something that doesnt make my rig look like it has a fat bottom lip..haha.

You mentioned that you are getting yours made for much cheaper than an ARB. If you don't mind me asking, could you give me a ball park and what shop? PM me if needed.

Thanks!

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

I'm also looking at different options for my 03 Suburban. Pickings are slim for mine and I'll either get an ARB made for a 100 series LC and mod it to fit or go full custom. ARB does make a bumper for my rig, but it is HUGE and doesn't look right. I prefer something that doesnt make my rig look like it has a fat bottom lip..haha.

You mentioned that you are getting yours made for much cheaper than an ARB. If you don't mind me asking, could you give me a ball park and what shop? PM me if needed.

Thanks!
FTP customs in Fresno. For the basic bumper pictured above it is $800, winch mounts, d-ring mounts, etc. are extra. I am not sure if it would be the same price for a chevy.

Reactions: Jelorian

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

WOW there are so many good American Companies that make great stuff: Here is a list that I have researched
ACE Engineering and fab
LOD
Rock Hard 4x4 (Be careful googling that one....)
Expedition One
JCR offroad
Shrockworks (One of my favorite)
ORFAB
HylineOffroad
TNT Customers
CrawlerConceptz
Full metal fab works (great stuff)
Nemesis industries
ETC ETC