OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Is there a good way to find IRLP enabled repeaters when traveling away from your home area? I have repeater book on my phone which seem so to work pretty well for repeaters but either there just aren’t any in my area or the app doesn’t list them. Any thoughts?

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Is there a good way to find IRLP enabled repeaters when traveling away from your home area? I have repeater book on my phone which seem so to work pretty well for repeaters but either there just aren’t any in my area or the app doesn’t list them. Any thoughts?
Repeater Book is pretty much the best way I know of to find anything static to bark at via radio. There should be filters you can use to only display results that match your interests, including IRLP. It may just be that you don't have anything you can hit nearby.

Other than that, if you have an HRO nearby, or pretty much any ham club, you should be able to get some local information.

Reactions: OhioJeff

Dtyo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Delray Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Tyo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSO
I just looked at the RepeaterBook app on my phone (iOS) and there is a filter setting for IRLP stations.

Dan

Reactions: OhioJeff

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
I just looked at the RepeaterBook app on my phone (iOS) and there is a filter setting for IRLP stations.

Dan
That’s what I’ve been using also, but it’s not listing at least some in my area. Made me wonder if there was a better more complete list somewhere.