Best trail(s) for one day Moab trip

• HTML tutorial

cwaters

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Perry, GA
Member #

I have plans to attend FJ Summit in Ouray Co in late July, but will have time for (at least) one day of fun in Moab. What are some recommended trails where I won't need a spotter and not risking body damage. I'll be driving a lifted FJ Cruiser w/armor and sliders. My wife will be traveling with me so we are more interested in the scenery than technical rock-crawling stuff for this trip. Also, what stops (food, etc) are a must in town? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

White Rim seems to check all your boxes and is very very mellow with MUCH less traffic than all of the others usually. If you come in from the Potash Rd. side you can avoid the Shafer Trail descent if anyones afraid of heights.

Mitchapalooza

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maryland
Member #

I would suggest either doing the Potash/Shafer/Long Canyon Loop or doing Hurrah Pass/Chicken Corners/Jackson Hole. Very mild trail loops, but the scenery is spectacular on both.

As for stops in town... Moab Brewery has great beer and Pasta Jays has some amazing italian food.

cwaters

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Perry, GA
Member #

Awesome...thanks for all of the recommendations! We will check these out before our trip.