Best state for overlanding?

• HTML tutorial

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

This mid March 2019 the wife & I will be doing the entire Arkansas & Oklahoma Trans American Trail route consist East Arkansas into Ouachita National Forest from the Central Arkansas into Southeast Oklahoma. We'll be taking our time overlanding threw mostly National Forest, dispersed camping & seeing the sites about 10 day trip.
One of our stops is the Oark General Store, listed in the Arkansas Register of Historic Places serves the best burgers & peanut butter pie around, was opened in 1890. https://www.facebook.com/OarkGeneralStore/
We'll make a huge loop threw Oklahoma & back into upper NW Arkansas to upper North Central Eastern Arkansas aka home.

We've explored many areas in Arkansas, lots of acreage to cover & sites to see. Last photo is Sylamore Ozark National Forest Area which is one of our favorite camp spots that is on the ridge top.

View attachment 81273
View attachment 81275
If you're into caves there are a few of those in the area of AR you're talking about. Then again...if you're into caves and live in that area you already know that! LOL

We haven't been yet (have been told it's a fun place to go), but plan to this year - Disney Oklahoma. If you google it you will see lots of off-roading things, but there's more to it than that.

Reactions: lake boardman

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I am partial to Colorado (summer) since I live there and have wheeled the whole state. My second is probably Utah (winter).

Reactions: lake boardman

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I may be biased but I'd say Washington State, which is fantastic in it;s own right, but it's proximity to BC is the icing on the cake. For size and diversity nothing and nowhere in North America comes close to British Columbia. I promise we are very friendly and once you've travelled a few hundred miles into the Province their just aren't that many people around.