• HTML tutorial

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

That is a pretty excellent sweater.

Here's a sweet gear / clothing organizer from Tepui: http://tepuitents.com/products/tepui-expedition-series-gear-container
I use it for damn neither everything - bedding, clothing, camp furniture.
It helps me keep down on the bulk, keeps gear at the ready, and can be stored on the roof or in the rig.

And here's another thing - and you can laugh and poke fun all you want - but I swear by this little bugger: http://mountainsmith.com/the-fanny-pack.html
If I have to jump out of the truck, I have all of my needful things on me - and though it's small, it can store wrenches and sockets so I don't have to fumble around in my pockets and whatnot.

Here's a picture of me wearing it in a kilt.
Come at it - throw the jokes around. You haven't lived until you've got a kilt and fanny pack going in this day and age.

Attachments

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I've always loved these Smittybuilt seat covers.

Are you running those, or know someone that does? I have ALWAYS loved the look but think they might be VERY uncomfortable or look "baggy" or not "right" -- I'm just a little picky and love the idea but would like them to be functional and look/feel good...

Thanks!!

Reactions: VCeXpedition

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
brog_molle_Panel.jpg

I recently put this on my drivers seat - a gift to myself! (the best kind!)
This is the Blue Ridge Overland Gear molle seat panel.
I really can't decide if it's really as functional as I need it to be but it works OK and from the drivers position I can't tell it's there at all. Good price, too, made in the US of 'Murica, etc.
I think I could put as much molle crap on this as I could the Smittybilt one.
The one drawback is if I need to roll my rear seat forward, I have to move my drivers seat forward to accommodate it if I have any bags on there, and I usually do now.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
View attachment 9684

I recently put this on my drivers seat - a gift to myself! (the best kind!)
This is the Blue Ridge Overland Gear molle seat panel.
I really can't decide if it's really as functional as I need it to be but it works OK and from the drivers position I can't tell it's there at all. Good price, too, made in the US of 'Murica, etc.
I think I could put as much molle crap on this as I could the Smittybilt one.
The one drawback is if I need to roll my rear seat forward, I have to move my drivers seat forward to accommodate it if I have any bags on there, and I usually do now.
Gotta love made in America BROG! I forget the size but I have these on the back of my seats as well. I'm definitely pleased with them but with very knee friendly concave seat backs there's a decent sized gap in the middle with only top/bottom attachment points. That wouldn't be an issue with the smittybuilt ones but the issue there is the headrest and airbags.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Are you running those, or know someone that does? I have ALWAYS loved the look but think they might be VERY uncomfortable or look "baggy" or not "right" -- I'm just a little picky and love the idea but would like them to be functional and look/feel good...

Thanks!!
Can't say that I know of anyone that runs them yet. Amazon gives it 4 starts which is decent, it's just a toss-up with "universal" items. At least you can send them back to Amazon for free if you didn't like them.