Best budget lighting

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

I looked around and haven’t found a thread on this so forgive me if this has been discussed already..

I’m looking for some lighting to mount to my rack and bumper. I want a work/flood light on the driver, passenger, and rear facing. In regards to front facing, I want a spot beam and a flood beam.

I am going to be installing a CB shortly and will probably delve into the HAM world down the road. I have heard that you need to be careful what lighting you use so you don’t cause radio interference so keep that in mind.

I am trying to find the best balance between cost and quality. So... in your opinion what is the most reliable/quality budget lighting?

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I have been using the generic china made LED mixed flood/beam light bar and spot package for past several years. Never had any issues but can't talk towards any interference they may or may not cause. I'd suspect they would be less noisy compared to non-led lighting just out of less draw but really don't know.

Something like this

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I looked around and haven’t found a thread on this so forgive me if this has been discussed already..

I’m looking for some lighting to mount to my rack and bumper. I want a work/flood light on the driver, passenger, and rear facing. In regards to front facing, I want a spot beam and a flood beam.

I am going to be installing a CB shortly and will probably delve into the HAM world down the road. I have heard that you need to be careful what lighting you use so you don’t cause radio interference so keep that in mind.

I am trying to find the best balance between cost and quality. So... in your opinion what is the most reliable/quality budget lighting?
LED's put out mad RF. No way around it other than your keep your radio power source and grounds clean and just squelch the rest out. You'll find over time that you catch RF interference even off other people's lighting setups

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
So I am also looking for lighting options. I am gathering up parts and pieces. To date, I have
  • a set of 2" spot beam led pods to be mounted in front off road bumper at fog light pockets
  • a set of 2" flood beam led pods to be mounted in front off road bumper at fog light pockets
  • a set of 6 rock lights to be mounted to outside of frame to throw light around perimeter of truck
I would like to mount either a bar or a set of like 6 individual lights to the front of my bumper. I am not a big fan of the standard LED bars. Just not the cookie cutter look I want. Looking for something different. Has to be less then 3.1/2" tall. I do like a few of the modular lights that can be assembled into a bar. Mostly like the round bezels.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Go check out the LED lights on amazon or ebay. I had mine for a few years before I sold my rig with no issues at all. Some do have bad seals around the glass so you can run a bead of silicone around it just as a precaution.

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

Yeah there are all kinds of lights out there that will work. Just be sure to check waterproof rating, my lights are IP68, less than that I’ve seen some fog up. Good quality ones that have that rating would be like Black Oak LED it Calirased Offroad for example. Rigids and Bajas are nice, but twice the $$$

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

No compliants with my Auxbeams. I did recently change the switches that came with the wiring harness. The harness is well made with a relay, but the push button switch I did not like. I prefer lighted rocker switches. I ended up with a digital panel switch with six lighed touch sensitive color changing switches.