Best bang for your $$ replacement seats?

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87144, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Adamson
Member #

Hey guys I’m 6’11 and 300lbs and have cancer in my spine. The stock seats in my fj cruiser are just not comfortable for me and I’m looking to replace them with something much more comfortable for long hauls and much more supportive on the trails, any suggestions?

I’ve been told scheel-Mann and recaros are great but their also very expensive so before I dropped that kind of money I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for great seats that won’t break the bank.

eriefisher

Rank III

Advocate I

Southern Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
LaForme
I don't know if this affects you with the Toyota seats but many modern vehicles have airbags or seatbelts integral to the seats. This makes swapping them difficult and expensive. If this is not a problem I would try the seats out of other vehicles. It would be a cheaper way to go. I have always found Toyota seats uncomfortable especially on long drives. It may also be possible to rebuild and recover them at an upholsterer. Just an idea.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
I have leather Katzkin seats in my Tundra, better quality than factory. Also have heaters in seats.