Bend, OR. area?

• HTML tutorial

mcgrp01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Headed to Bend/Sun River this weekend. Planning on hitting China Hat Rd and doing some caving. Never been to Smith Rock... Any other "light" off-roading anyone can recommend? Maybe something with a river/swimming hole as a destination?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TAF_Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lacey, Wa.
Member #

Interested as well. We're driving to bend on Saturday to pick up our cvt. The plan after that, is to grab beer and explore Oregon.

Reactions: mcgrp01

Kuhlmanaz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salmon, Idaho 83467
Member #

I will be in Bend the entire month of October and would love some suggestions are places to get out and explore either solo or with others

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

I live in the area and highly recommend going from Three Creeks Lake to Waldo lake. It is a great excursion. The three creeks trail might have some burn residue from the recent Mili fire but I think it is mostly under control now.

Here is the route post I used to navigate the roads. All are very well marked. http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/132209-OR-Back-Country-from-Three-Creeks-Lake-to-Waldo-Lake-09-15-17-14

There is also some great trails and sites like Fort Rock and Newberry Crater.

Reactions: mcgrp01

Kuhlmanaz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salmon, Idaho 83467
Member #

I live in the area and highly recommend going from Three Creeks Lake to Waldo lake. It is a great excursion. The three creeks trail might have some burn residue from the recent Mili fire but I think it is mostly under control now.

Here is the route post I used to navigate the roads. All are very well marked. http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/132209-OR-Back-Country-from-Three-Creeks-Lake-to-Waldo-Lake-09-15-17-14

There is also some great trails and sites like Fort Rock and Newberry Crater.

Awesome, will definitely check those out.