Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
Good Morning, I am not sure if this is in the correct location or not, if it is not, please move. My wife and I are looking for some easy trails to start exploring in the central CA area. We have no problem driving a few hours to a trail head, but we want to start something easy, does any one have any recommendation as where to start? Thank you for all your help.

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I’ve only been doing this for a year. I picked up this book on Amazon called Guide to California Backroads & 4-Wheel -Drive Trails . It might help

Reactions: J&J Offroad

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

please take a look at Clovis Independent 4x4, Cal4Wheel, 559yotas, as well as the off the grid/Rally West 2018 coming October 5-7, present by OLB:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/off-the-grid-2018-overland-bound-rally-west-2018.19105/unread

A lot of these local clubs host trail events, and 559Yotas also has many members that go out routinely, and anyone is game to join. You can also inquire about local easy runs. Bald Mountain has 2 areas of "entry" up the mountain. From Rock Creek, there are some challenges, up from Tamarack, 2 wheel drive high clearance vehicles can make it no problem. There are many trails that run off that, as well as other areas closer to Courtwright, Wishon, etc. Sequoia has a few trails, or you can make you way over Kaiser Pass to Mono Hot Springs for an easy off-road drive to wet your feet. 41 has some off shoots by Fish Camp, as well as Bass Lake area to Northfork. We have tons of other easy overlanding trails, that require nothing but driving on dirt roads.

Ridge Runner Tundra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Woodbridge, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Cimoli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6UDC
Itsdchz, I will take a look at them and see what I can make. I just looked at your build thread, no wonder it looked familiar, im part of that forum as well. its a great looking rig.

Reactions: itsdchz

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Ha too funny.. I did the same thing! Also we will be having more regular OLB Fresno/Clovis meets soon, which will prompt more runs!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You are close to our adopted trail in the El Dorado NF, we will be having a run up there on October 21st for people that need some practice on different terrain. If your interested message me @Kent R

Reactions: itsdchz

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
You are close to our adopted trail in the El Dorado NF, we will be having a run up there on October 21st for people that need some practice on different terrain. If your interested message me @Kent R
Kent, could you message me your trail also? El dorado forest is my backyard also. (And good to see in your pic standing with Del, him and Stacy are good people)