First Name
Gary
Last Name
Foubister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUT
Greetings All,

I found this community while researching roof top tents. The YouTube channel is inspiring!

My 2019 RAV4 is far from an Overland Rig but it’s a change for me from my 12 year old Prius.

At this moment my goals are humble: get out into nature and explore more of the Pacific North West.

I’m learning much about how to kit out for doing so. Thanks for the tips already.

Cheers!
Gary

IMG_2552.JPGIMG_2793.JPG

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your little Rav! It's neat to see what people can and will do with vehicles that don't fit the average. Honestly, something like that would do 90% of what I ACTUALLY do with my Xterra easily.

Check the meet-up section for your local get together and have fun!

Reactions: AutomaticBluez

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Welcome Gary,
Looking forward to see your progression with your vehicle. I wouldn't worry to much about your rav4 being far from an overland rig. Its perfect in my book. Speaking of a Prius. Ive seen one being used as an overland vehicle and it was amazing to see what the guy did with limited space. Truth is it doesn't matter what you drive nor how you are outfitted. What matters is getting out and exploring, camping, and enjoying nature.

Josh

AutomaticBluez

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tigard, Washington County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Foubister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUT
Thanks Josh.

I did plenty of camping with that old Prius and we used to get some odds looks with the Yakima rack and cargo box on top.

I donated it yesterday to the Make a Wish foundation. Have to say it was tough to say goodbye.

I’m looking forward to outfitting and exploring more though.

Cheers!
Gary

Reactions: TerryD

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Greetings All,

I found this community while researching roof top tents. The YouTube channel is inspiring!

My 2019 RAV4 is far from an Overland Rig but it’s a change for me from my 12 year old Prius.

At this moment my goals are humble: get out into nature and explore more of the Pacific North West.

I’m learning much about how to kit out for doing so. Thanks for the tips already.

Cheers!
Gary

View attachment 130258View attachment 130259
Welcome from WA!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

AutomaticBluez

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tigard, Washington County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Foubister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LUT
Welcome from WA!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.
Excellent! Thanks for the welcome.

Gary

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman