Mission Viejo
First Name
Abdulrazad
Last Name
Moussa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6SLG
Installed the 180 watts solar panel this past weekend. It's working as it should. Here are some pictures.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The rock slide protection for your vehicle is important to protect the investment you have made in your vehicle. If you already camp with you family then you probably have all the basics covered. Look at your needs and the direction you wish to take your vehicle biuld and your families needs. In the future if you are looking for a good but half the cost of other portable fridges take a look at the 45qt whynter on Amazon for $500.00, I can put more in it than my Engel 45qt. Welcome to the group. Have fun and Roll Tide.

AAMoussa

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
First Name
Abdulrazad
Last Name
Moussa
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6SLG
Here's Bebe with a Snorkel on her! It's not a perfect fit, but it looks good and functional. I used a Land Cruiser 200 snorkel on it.
Bebe w Snorkel.jpg

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

There is a lot of good information here, Thank you to all that have posted, you are all correct in your suggestions. I have seen it posted above and they are the most correct...just fuel up and go! Take a notebook and jot down things that you are missing that you NEED and then what you WANT.
RTT's (roof top tents) skottles (sp?) refrigerators with slide outs are all luxuries... well except for traction boards, as we all know you cannot be a true "overlander" without a unused traction board mounted to your rig LMAO.
As for my suggestion for needs, Water, Food, shelter. If you don't have rocker protection, stay off the extreme trails...until you get them. It doesn't make since to spend big money to get ready but not go. Just go, remember it has taken some of us years to get our rigs where they are today. And I would bet that some of our best memories were when we didn't have all the extras we may have now.
I think Ill do a YouTube video on this topic, keep an eye out for it on: scottoffroad - YouTube
Have a blessed day and good luck with your build!

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER