Rank III

Explorer I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Sushant
Last Name
Suddala
Member #

Hey Overland Bound Family! Does anyone know any beginner trails in Georgia I can take a shot at? I am 4runner SR5 2 wheel drive as well...I know....but i want to get out there!

TLK

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, GA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Kekel
Member #

Service Branch
US Coast Guard
The Georgia Travers trail. With 2-4 traction boards and not so wet of weather there is a lot of this trail you can do. It is a long trail and there are many access points to get on it. Camping everywhere. Just do a little research on it. Good luck.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

image.jpg
I just set up camp on the GA Traverse. I’m near the north-west part near Ocoee. I think most of the part west of Tray Mountain (i.e. west of Helen, GA) is pretty easy even for 2-WD. A simple Google search will get you all the info you could imagine.

I only have Tray Mtn to Clayton to finish it up. But, that’s for later. Tomorrow is up into Cherokee NF in TN.

Reactions: Lil Bear

E.O.T.D.

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North Georgia
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Campbell
Google these and you’ll find stuff that’s 2wd friendly...
* Tray Mountain Rd
* Indian Grave Gap (same area as gray mountain)
* Chattahoochee River Rd
(Also bear tray mtn)
* Coopers Creek Wildlife management area
(Most of the roads through You’ll see on google maps here are car friendly and easy as long as it’s not right after heavy rain)
* Winding Stair Gap (from the south up to Rock Creek rd)

These are all very tame and doable in 2wd but will get you out in the woods. Be aware conditions on some of these roads can change to A 4x4 Road after heavy rains.

Reactions: Pathkiller