Begginer Trip?

• HTML tutorial

bambamthexj

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone, newbie here. When I say new I mean like started building my rig 2 weeks ago and have never done any offroading, but the whole concept of overland and the community seems awesome. Im a mega plan ahead of time guy. This being said I already have started to plan my first major trip for next fall and was wondering if anyone has recommendations of trails/forests within about 8 hours of Lincoln, NE for someone on my experience. Looking to do about a 3-5 day trip. Thanks a ton

Reactions: WCO_Ryan and AlOrMi

Brandon Harvey

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oregon
Member #

Welcome to the forums and OB. I am not in on the east but there are many people on here who are! Anyway have fun researching and building. BTW what kind of rig do you have?

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Welcome to the forums and the adventures. I recently took a vacation, first in a long time, to Colorado. A friend and I drove our jeeps to Colorado springs to see his son(air force). we traveled to the great sand dunes national park, highly recommended. There's camping, the dune, and a primitive road that takes you through a couple of mountain passes. The trail is easy and the scenery is great. I'll post a couple of pictures after I figure how to get them off the table. Sorry I don't have more information but I haven't traveled very far, YET, Ron.

bambamthexj

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome to the forums and the adventures. I recently took a vacation, first in a long time, to Colorado. A friend and I drove our jeeps to Colorado springs to see his son(air force). we traveled to the great sand dunes national park, highly recommended. There's camping, the dune, and a primitive road that takes you through a couple of mountain passes. The trail is easy and the scenery is great. I'll post a couple of pictures after I figure how to get them off the table. Sorry I don't have more information but I haven't traveled very far, YET, Ron.
I looked into it and it looks like exactly what Im searching for to get me started for the first time. Definitely going to have to go and check it out, thanks so much for the lead!