Before Overland Bound - What you drove/rode before joining?

• HTML tutorial

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

My first 4x4 was a 1976 Blazer Chalet, purchased from the original owner. All original. With the fiberglass camper weight it had traction galore, and the 400 small block was as smooth as silk (but only got 8-10 MPG). Bought it for 3K in 1997 ish and sold it for 3K in 2001 during the dot com crash to pay rent. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. My friends loved it, the small fridge kept the beer cold and they would sit at the little table and drink legally (it was legally a camper!) while headed out to hiking or hunting adventures. Pic is from the internet, strangely I have found no surviving personal photos. Minus the lift and reduce the KO's to 31's, and it was identical as shown.

1604014264648.png

Attachments

SilverRebel

Rank I

Contributor I

Missouri, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Have had several competent rigs over the years... '05 Cherokee, a few 4x4 trucks, fun little Mitsu EclipseCross, but, nearest and dearest were the two Ford early Broncos. Had one in the mid-90s... drove it cross country (like a Conestoga wagon). Then moderately modded a pristine, low mileage '72 about 15 years ago... great recession ate it. Was so proud of the work I did on that.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Econobox.
Jeep YJ
Honda CRF450r
08 Ford f250.
2012 Suzuki Drz400s
2017 Ford F250

Keeping the last two for this. Jeep was fun while it lasted. But it's not an air conditioned camper with a shower.