Been away from the forums for awhile, our new adventure rig

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Echelon

Rank IV

Contributor III

We are still running our old rig all around WA and BC but we recently stumbled upon this bus. It has a Dometic 12/120V fridge, Coleman propane stove and Coleman propane furnace, sink with 18 gallon holding tank. We are going to slowly renovate it and upgrade with some all terrain tires. It will be a fun adventure vehicle after its been fixed up a little. It has been converted from aircooled to Ford Cologne V6 engine.

Gabriel Bozeman

NorthWest Region Member Representative

Influencer II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

View attachment 101744

We are still running our old rig all around WA and BC but we recently stumbled upon this bus. It has a Dometic 12/120V fridge, Coleman propane stove and Coleman propane furnace, sink with 18 gallon holding tank. We are going to slowly renovate it and upgrade with some all terrain tires. It will be a fun adventure vehicle after its been fixed up a little. It has been converted from aircooled to Ford Cologne V6 engine.
I love it! Great choice. I've always wanted an orange VW Bus. I've got a '74 Beetle that I use as a daily driver. Truly a great rig. So jealous! It even has a converted engine! Perfection at it's finest! Congratulations!

Reactions: Echelon

Echelon

Rank IV

Contributor III

I will be updating as we get this ready for our overlanding adventures, we are working to revamp the interior. I have tested the Dometic fridge and power system and its still working great. We are adding solar polar with the Goal Zero Yeti 400 and some solar panels for off grid camping.

1934421[1].jpg1934422[1].jpg1934174[1].jpg1934172[1].jpg

We uncovered and removed all the original materials and are replacing with a new fabric.

Echelon

Rank IV

Contributor III

bus4.jpg
Heres a shot with the original interior. We are replacing the floor with laminate planks. Recovering the laminate with new where needed. Revamping the propane tank and lines for the Coleman furnace so we can use it in cold weather camping.

Reactions: MazeVX

Echelon

Rank IV

Contributor III

IMG_2176.JPG
Inside is close to being ready for camping now.
IMG_2098.JPG
New floor going in.
IMG_2123.JPG
Here’s the bed folded out it has another cushion that covers the whole rear.
IMG_2348.JPG
Cabinets starting to go back in, this one has the propane furnace, sink, holding tank, and closet.