Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
This is my first purchase for building out my daily driver into our adventure rig. We are planning a trip to northern NM and southern CO, later this year so the process of getting our vehicle ready has begun. I'm very happy with this rack. It is rigid and strong but lightweight at the same time. It is made from extruded aluminum planks and is powder-coated. Fasteners slide into the grooves, which makes adding on lighting, rubber grabbers, roof racks, sun-shades...whatever you choose a simple task. All the fasteners had red loc-tite pre-treatment. I think this rack is going to be a great foundation for getting my truck ready. I got to visit the manufacturer while installing mine. The aluminum planks have a structural lattice type of thing going on when you view a cross-section of it. It looked to be 80% solid material when you factor in the groves along the outside of the material, other than that, there is an x shaped void in the center and I was told that the void can be tapped with an air chuck and used to store compressed air, although I don't think there is much volume. Maybe CO2 would be a better option, if the material can handle the pressures? Anyway, I'm working on ordering some lighting for it now. Can't wait to get it outfitted!

ramside.jpg
jointcloseup.jpg
bracecloseup.jpg

Attachments

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
Thank you. I'm green to the world of extruded aluminum products but the fasteners and accessories can be found all over online, I like that I'm not stuck to the original manufacturer for parts and accessories. Things like rollers, hinges, latches, molding for the tchannels to cover wiring (grooves) and fasteners of all types are readily available from a number of suppliers.

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
I have been looking at this rack for a while. Talked with Alan the owner and he was great with all my questions. Hope to have mine ordered in the next week or so. Good looking rig.
Awesome! I’m lucky enough to live within about an hour of Alan. He has been great! He helped me to get mine setup and he and I exchange ideas about attachments regularly. I do like that this system
Allow for expansion and customization without being stuck to OEM materials. It’s a great rack. Very solid construction. You will love yours, I’m eager to see your rig with it installed!

Reactions: CrookedSoulTX

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
Square pod lights. I’m definitely a budget buyer. Nilight is the brand, from Amazon. I’m tying into main battery for power with a waterproof connector at the front corner of the bed so it can come unhooked and the bed rack can lift off when needed very simply.

Power is going to go into a waterproof box with a switch panel. I’m also going to have a switched-waterproof power output on the box for plugging in an air compressor. I’ll put up a picture of my box. I mocked it up the other day. I’ve sense cut a mounting plate for the switches that fits much better.

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
That junction box will mount on the side of the rack up by the cab on the driver side. All power for anything added to the rack will run through it.

Attachments