Bed rack and water

• HTML tutorial

Jpat14

Rank 0

Traveler I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Member #

What are your guys’ solutions to keeping water out of your bed with a bed rack?

I have a drawer in mine with clothes, food, cooking utensils and that kind of stuff that i don’t want to get wet.
I built a Velcro tonneau cover for it but that leaks from the front and the tailgate a bit.

Unless someone comes up with something good i think I’m going to have to buy the Decked water proof drawers.

This is all for a DCSB Tacoma

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I have a hard-rolling cover from Truxedo Titanium on my trailer cargo bed with heavy duty hook and loop side closures and a rubber flap at the tailgate and have no water ingress problems. They're made for truck beds, actually, but fit my trailer.

Expensive, but rugged as all get out, and perhaps less expensive than a decked system, not sure. Added advantage is it is wicked hard to break into when closed and cannot be simply cut open like a regular tonneau cover.

I've been using mine almost two years on extended adventures all over America, in all sorts of environments and weather from mountains to swamp to desert, and have had zero leakage and zero maintenance/performance issues.

Check out the info video from Truxedo Titanium at the link above. I can personally vouch that it does not exaggerate.

rttup-noawning_0166-1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Man River