Beasley Knob--Blairsville, GA

• HTML tutorial

cosmoblu

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Olive Branch, MS
Member #

My son, OB#1996, and I spent some time driving some of the Eastern portions of the GA Traverse. If you are anywhere near North GA, I recommend taking some time to download and drive some of the sections, we really enjoyed it and hope to drive some of the remaining legs.
We did take a day and drove over to the Beasley Knob, an OHV park. Please keep in mind that I am very new to this and also very new to the use of a Go Pro. I am driving my 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser, with a OME lift. Again this is all new to me, we had a great time. I used a lot of the advice and learnings garnered here and I am excited to get out more. So thanks to everyone for posting it does reduced the learning curve for me.
Here are a couple of videos that we took, hope the links work without issue. This is pretty new too.

Reactions: BJA90 and Tim

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

very nice. a couple of us live in Alabama and when we go to Overland Expo East we are going to drive the entire Traverse route coming back. Nice videos.

TheRainMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milton, GA
Member #

Thanks for posting this. I intent to traverse this route this year as well. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Justcozz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama
Member #

We've been knocking out the GA Traverse a bit at a time.

So far we have spent two weekends on the trail exploring and have gone from the beginning on the east side to the TN/NC/GA border area. We have one more day of exploring to finish up the entire trail. We've done all of this in the last 2 months and only had one locked gate and one huge downed tree that required a bypass. Both bypasses were able to be backtracked almost to the obstruction so we have only missed a few hundred meters of the entire trail so far.

It's a pretty fun route to explore and would go pretty quickly in a decently built rig. So far we have taken a stock Tacoma with street tires down the whole thing. Very fun!

cosmoblu

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Olive Branch, MS
Member #

FYI,
Beasley knob is not along the Traverse trail, but just east of Blairsville, GA. If you have time, it does provide some challenges. The Traverse, which I have not completed entirely, is a great ride and does not require the same set up as Beasley knob. The traverse is much more user friendly, but offers a drive, and beautiful scenery along the route.

Reactions: Justcozz