Steven
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0EWC
Service Branch
USAF/IAANG
Looking at a set of Hutchinson DOT Beadlocks, does anyone have a set they are running right now? I have only ever used them on HD vehicles like firetrucks and stuff.

Gerry Potter

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Gerry
Last Name
Potter
I'm rolling Method Racing 17" bead locks with Nitto ridge grapplers 35 x 12.50 x 17's. we did the AEV 4 1'2" lift with the big brake kit. I think jeeps stop like crap. That fixed that stopping problem. Re-torqued the ring bolts at 500 miles; 20 ft lbs. No problems and it rides better than stock. Also running wheel spacers 1 1/2", when we did the lift the stock Rubi wheels would not clear the calipers and I didn't have the money for new wheels and tires.

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
I found some used beadlocks for $40 a piece. Other than maintaining the torque of the ring bolts, is there anything else you need to watch for?

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Thanks, other than a couple of dirt track racers I don't know anyone that runs them and was curious about any extra maintenance on a street/offroad vehicle.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks, other than a couple of dirt track racers I don't know anyone that runs them and was curious about any extra maintenance on a street/offroad vehicle.
Put antisiese in the boots before you torque them down... otherwise they are a bear to get back off.

Reactions: TexasGMG