Beach Camping, Victoria Australia.

• HTML tutorial

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

After a couple of weekends in the VIctorian High Country it was time to head to the beach for the weekend with the family, so with all the swags packed, bikes loaded we headed off early. The campsite was booked online during the week which was done to secure a spot with ocean views.

$30 for the night and a million dollar view!

Time to unpack. 3 swags with one being a double swag, ARB Cargo gear bag loaded with 4 camp chairs and a gas bottle for the cooking.

Phillip Island sits across the otherside of the water. 14km by water and over 100km by road.

Large sites with uninterrupted views. We were pretty sheltered too from the offshore breeze.

Cool night with a full moon. The moon rose above the horizon in spectacular fashion before ducking behind the clouds for an hour then we spotted it again.

Facing the sunrise...no complaints! We were all up early on the cool May day to enjoy the amazing site.

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

All the photos were taken on my phone, I forgot to pack my DSL/R

Topping up the second battery that was running our Engel fridge and LED lights I have under my awnings.

All packed up the time to head for home,

Riding on the beach, big sites, awesome sunrise, quiet, clean, just perfect.
I try to see all the pics that you aussie's post.
But where are all the grasshoppers? Or kangaroos.
I expected to see at least one or two in every pic.
Are they endangered or something?
Oh yeah, please show us some koalas too.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

I try to see all the pics that you aussie's post.
But where are all the grasshoppers? Or kangaroos.
I expected to see at least one or two in every pic.
Are they endangered or something?
Oh yeah, please show us some koalas too.

G'day Bob,

There are plenty of kangaroos across Australia. There are places where we camp and they come right up to the campsite. We have a couple of wallabies that graze across the road from my house. Koalas are very common in certain areas, I should have a dig through some of my photos for you.

Emus are another awesome animal roaming across Australia, we call them bush chooks! Also we have over one million camels roaming across outback Australia.

The importance of bullbar ls when in Australia isn't only for mounting your winch and driving lights but frontal protection when travelling outback Australia. Without a bullbar I wouldn't have made it home on more than one occasion.

Cheers
Rich

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: Steve

Bob

Rank III

Advocate II

G'day Bob,

There are plenty of kangaroos across Australia. There are places where we camp and they come right up to the campsite. We have a couple of wallabies that graze across the road from my house. Koalas are very common in certain areas, I should have a dig through some of my photos for you.

Emus are another awesome animal roaming across Australia, we call them bush chooks! Also we have over one million camels roaming across outback Australia.

The importance of bullbar ls when in Australia isn't only for mounting your winch and driving lights but frontal protection when travelling outback Australia. Without a bullbar I wouldn't have made it home on more than one occasion.

Cheers
Rich

Sent from my D5833 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Hey Rich,
Yes, please post some pics of animals if you get a chance.
I would like to visit your beautiful country some day. But I don't know how many accidents I would cause before getting used to driving on the left.
I could use a bullbar too. I've had a large deer jump in front of me which took out my lights, hood, and radiator. Just a week after getting repairs made, it happened again.

Offroad Touring

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey Rich,
Yes, please post some pics of animals if you get a chance.
I would like to visit your beautiful country some day. But I don't know how many accidents I would cause before getting used to driving on the left.
I could use a bullbar too. I've had a large deer jump in front of me which took out my lights, hood, and radiator. Just a week after getting repairs made, it happened again.

That's a pain with the deer, we have a lot of deer here also. They can be a pest. We have them close to home causing erosion issues.
Driving on tne other side of road I agree would be a challenge!

chris90

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Townsville, Australia
Member #

Where is that? You say it's across from Phillip Island so I'm guessing it's on the Western Port side of the peninsula but I don't recognise the location in the pics.

Runamok

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, Florida
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4NWP
As a kid we used to ride our bikes from Sale to 90 mile beach and camp on the beach. It was pretty much deserted then. Also would ride to Paradise Valley and camp by the river. What great memories!