Bay Area Wanderers

• HTML tutorial

TheWitchAndTheWoodsman

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Emeryville, CA
Member #

Hello from the East Bay! I'm Caelan, my wife is Sophia, and our dog's named Monster. We've settled in the Bay Area for a few years to finish up the build on our 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Arrakis.

After spending about six months criss-crossing the country, living out of the Jeep, we've decided on a good direction for our build. We're working on getting rid of the roof top tent and roof rack (done), picking up an Ursa Minor J30 (getting it installed in January), then sorting out a new suspension to manage weight, slightly larger tires, redesigning the cook box, and generally shedding pounds wherever we can.

We enjoy longer, slower expeditions, rock climbing, photography, and snow. Check us out on Instagram TheWitchAndTheWoodsman

Hope to see more of you down the trail!

Our first trip with Arrakis, bone stock through Death Valley

untitled shoot-2016-014.jpg

The full unwieldy setup at Overland Expo West 2017. I swear there's a Jeep under all that somewhere... We'll be back again with a totally new setup for 2018!

20170514-DSC_5780.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello from the East Bay! I'm Caelan, my wife is Sophia, and our dog's named Monster. We've settled in the Bay Area for a few years to finish up the build on our 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Arrakis.

After spending about six months criss-crossing the country, living out of the Jeep, we've decided on a good direction for our build. We're working on getting rid of the roof top tent and roof rack (done), picking up an Ursa Minor J30 (getting it installed in January), then sorting out a new suspension to manage weight, slightly larger tires, redesigning the cook box, and generally shedding pounds wherever we can.

We enjoy longer, slower expeditions, rock climbing, photography, and snow. Check us out on Instagram @TheWitchAndTheWoodsman

View attachment 42863

The full unwieldy setup at Overland Expo West 2017. I swear there's a Jeep under all that somewhere... We'll be back again with a totally new setup for 2018!

View attachment 42865
Great pics

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

We enjoy longer, slower expeditions, rock climbing, photography, and snow. Check us out on Instagram TheWitchAndTheWoodsman

View attachment 42863

View attachment 42865
Hi Caelan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
Welcome, Sophia, Caelan, and Monster! Good luck with the build and hope to see you at a future Bay Area meetup!

Last edited: