Barney Riley overland trip

• HTML tutorial

naco_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Begin: N38 39.942 W119 41.856

A couple of the guys and myself took a trip to Barney Riley trail a couple weeks ago. Super fun trail. 11miles 1 way. The last 5 miles are neck and back breaking. We ended up leaving camp at 5:10 in the morning. After all, we installed a bunch of LED bars, so we wanted to use them .... Soooo we got lost. So lost that we ended up on a private trail road that lead to a fenced off exit. Sherif got involved and let us out. All in all, we had a great time. Great memories. Great laughs. Check it out guys.

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Sounds like a good fun trip! Wish we had trails like that here in Florida with those awesome backgrounds. I'm definitely going to make up to Cali one of these years with the family. I also tried watching the video but it wouldn't play might be my IPhone not sure just a heads up.

naco_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Sounds like a good fun trip! Wish we had trails like that here in Florida with those awesome backgrounds. I'm definitely going to make up to Cali one of these years with the family. I also tried watching the video but it wouldn't play might be my IPhone not sure just a heads up.
Thanks Jose. Definitely gotta come check it out out here. Thanks for he heads up on the video. I tried everything. I can't seem to get it to work. Just YouTube search Barney Riley trail and my thumbnail should show up. Thanks again.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Just saw some of the videos on YouTube and got to say that they are pretty sweet. Like I mentioned before I wish we had trails like the ones you all ride on here in Florida.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Headed to Barney Riley next week. Any goo places to camp near water up there?

naco_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Headed to Barney Riley next week. Any goo places to camp near water up there?
If you get there early enough. There is a prime spot ( where we camped ) that has a legit fire ring and steps away from an outhouse. Equipped complete with toilet paper and some reading material. Solar lamps lead the way at night. Watch for leaches in the water and go to the hot springs down stream. Don't forget your fire permit http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Have fun and post pictures. Don't get lost like we did. If you do. Please call deputy sheriff Taylor Green. Super awesome guy and knows the mountains very well. 530-694-2231 ext. 321.

Have fun [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Looks like a fun trip. Nice Jeep too, wish I would have gone with that granite color now..