Baofeng BF888S UHF Radio Review

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

I purchased 4 of these for my family

could also be used by groups etc on trails per se

inexpensive & simple to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MydcpXAS3Sk

testing yesterday averaged almost 2 miles over rolling VT topography, almost line of sight

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Assuming you're loading FRS frequencies, why not just get FRS radios?.

I assume when you programmed them, you set them to 1/2w?

I went ahead and got my license for GMRS so that everyone in my group could have better comms without a HAM.

I do like the simplicity, and have been contemplating a little UHF to pair with the next dual band I'm installing in my Jeep so I can use it as a repeater...

I'd be interested to see how they last, construction, and battery life under use, and age...

E

expeditionnorth

18478 said:
Assuming you’re loading FRS frequencies, why not just get FRS radios?. I assume when you programmed them, you set them to 1/2w? I went ahead and got my license for GMRS so that everyone in my group could have better comms without a HAM. I do like the simplicity, and have been contemplating a little UHF to pair with the next dual band I’m installing in my Jeep so I can use it as a repeater… I’d be interested to see how they last, construction, and battery life under use, and age…
Yes I went back in & set the power for all freqs to low

high is about 1.5w & low is about 500mw on my meter...

OH man you should have seen the grief I got on expo about these, not being type accepted etc, so I deleted the thread over there...I'm beginning to hate that place you cant discuss anything openly unless you bash each other & admin has to join in the games too

read the rules & proceed at your own risk if you purchase these

admin you can delete the thread if necessary I dont want anyone to do anything illegal

& for the 4th radio I now have it setup as my link radio for my allstar node#42282 which is also accessible via echolink #394708, I have the software to automatically forward the voip connections (echolink) there to allstar voip software, the audio on allstar with this cheap radio is fantastic