Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
SOLD.

Bring a trailer, It's not towable
. Plus, there are too many parts for this thing to haul even if it was.
My route for outdoor adventure travel has changed and I hate to see this little gem waste away. Somebody please come make it complete and use it. Asking price is $675.00 firm. I've no interest in parting it out. All parts for one money. I may consider a trade of equal, to me, value. Make me an offer.

The trailer has a 3500lb Dexter axle (no brakes) with 6 lug Toyota / GM bolt circle with new Monroe-matic shocks and lower shock mounts.
Other new parts are a tongue box, stabilizer legs for the rear, tongue jack, 3 axis coupler, LED lights, Jeep style fenders, a 4' x 8' sheet of 16 gauge sheet steel and 1" x 3" rectangular tubing (some surface rust) for the lid build.

I have the floor already cut which is 1/8" tread plate. I'll throw in the set of 4Runner wheels so you can have a matching spare. Hell, the wheels are worth 2/3 of what I'm asking for the whole set up.

The body was sand blasted and I then lightly coated it with weld thru primer. But, its been sitting for over a year, so it has a nice patina.

Pics are linked here;

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/1956-i-think-bantam-trailer-project-for-sale.190366/

Here is a thread I started a while back on the build;

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/barn-fresh-bantam.164365/
-Eddie

Last edited:

Justin Demayo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carmel Valley, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Demayo
Member #

Is this still available and if so, where are you located ?

How’s the bed condition, any holes or rust in it ?

Do you have the tailgate as well ?

Thank You !

OB#0224

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Justin Demayo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Carmel Valley, CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Demayo
Member #

Hey Eddie,

I just opened your links showing the whole trailer answering my questions on it’s condition.

Do you know what it would take to make it towable and I’m not too familiar with trailers but any idea if it would be easy to convert the lug pattern ?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Towable? Mounting the lights and finishing the front hitch set up. A days work to do it right.

Axle bolt pattern? I guess you might be able to find a set of adapters. I paid about $120.00 for a custom sized axle from redneck trailer supply (yes, thats the real name). A set of adapters will run more than that. a new axle would be in order, I think.

Last edited:

ljmj

Rank I

Contributor III

As long as the axle is current, ie, 1 and 1/16 or similar you can replace the hubs without issue. Easternmarine.com and etrailer are a good source to query and learn. Also Very helpful to me. From the looks of it in the photo, NO Problem!

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Bumping this back up with a lowered price. Somebody needs a project for next winter. Trades possibly considered. Let me know.