Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
Dunno if this qualifies as adopt a trail, however I am fond of this lane.
Balk Lane is unsurfaced and is possibly the oldest lane in my village.
road traffic never runs along it and often gets over grown, which means I usually have to clear it.
The lane disappeared from google maps for a while, I informed google where the lane runs to and from and it has since returned to the maps.
Rain can make some deep ruts in the lane which I also take it upon myself to fill in.
Nobody knows who owns or is responsible for the upkeep of the lane, the local council don't want to claim responsibility and neither does the highways agency as it would incur a high cost in maintaining the lane.
Land registry turns up no information as to ownership, maybe I should claim it and adopt it :-)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Dunno if this qualifies as adopt a trail, however I am fond of this lane.
Balk Lane is unsurfaced and is possibly the oldest lane in my village.
road traffic never runs along it and often gets over grown, which means I usually have to clear it.
The lane disappeared from google maps for a while, I informed google where the lane runs to and from and it has since returned to the maps.
Rain can make some deep ruts in the lane which I also take it upon myself to fill in.
Nobody knows who owns or is responsible for the upkeep of the lane, the local council don't want to claim responsibility and neither does the highways agency as it would incur a high cost in maintaining the lane.
Land registry turns up no information as to ownership, maybe I should claim it and adopt it :-)
You should look into it further, please also contact your Regional Director or some help with this. @Polaris Overland.