Baja Sur Overlanding

• HTML tutorial

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Curious if anyone has recommendations for Baja Sur? My father lives in Todos Santos and we're planning a trip to go visit early next year. Overnight trips and points of interest in the southern portion of the state are welcome.

Reactions: Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Curious if anyone has recommendations for Baja Sur? My father lives in Todos Santos and we're planning a trip to go visit early next year. Overnight trips and points of interest in the southern portion of the state are welcome.
Baja is on my radar for a future trip. Check out the Baja talk fb page. Tons of current info on the roads, best border crossings, etc. it looks like a good place to ask Baja questions.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ChepoCDT

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
Just got back from cabo san lucas, drove by todos santos and spoke with the locals. The way i understood things is cabo is expensive, everything is in dollars and high priced. The typical cabo stuff is fishing, boat tours around the arc, the beach El Medano.

I didnt like the beach because theres about 100+ vendors trying to sell you pretty much anything including pipes with grass. But theres also seadoos to rent out and hundreds of bars and restaurants. Cabo is about 1hr from todos santos.

I also stayed two days in La Paz and i enjoyed la paz even more. Theres a bay called Balandra, no vendors only palapas and maybe one or two guys who rent kayaks. Snorkling is also big there. No stores there so take a cooler. Cool thing about there is theres no waves so its really safe for kids.

About 5 minutes from there to the east is Playa el tecolote. You can camp there and theres few restaurants at the entrace who also offer boat tours all inclusive.

The strip at La Paz is also nice with alot of everything even an applebees. La Paz is also 1hr from todos santos.

Theres plenty more to do, hope you have a great time