Rank III

Enthusiast II

Alameda, Ca
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Shaffer
Member #

We are doing a trip down to southern Baja in April. We currently have 6 rigs going and we have 4 spots that are open if anyone is interested in a awesome trip.

If you would like to join us please E mail me at mikeshaffer1066@gmail.com

Attached is a list of tentative details for our Baja trip:

Saturday 4/20
8 am meet at Walmart in El Centro, CA. Depart 9 am and head toward the Mexicali border. Stop in San Felipe for lunch and in Gonzaga Bay for the night.

Sunday 4/21
This will be the longest day of the trip. We will leave Gonzaga Bay 7 am. Stop by Coco's Corner to have a beer and out to the highway then down to San Ignacio to check ourt the mission there. We will stay in San Juanico (aka Scorpion Bay) Sunday night through Monday night. San Juanico has a great little hotel restaurant where we can stay. If you think you want to stay at the hotel, please let me know so I can work on room reservations. This will be the only hotel opportunity until the end of the trip. Otherwise, the beach is only 1/2 mile away, if you prefer to camp. Scorpion Bay is unique because the bay break is so far out that the waves travel for a long time. This has made it the most popular place to surf in Baja. There are places to rent boards if you don't have one to bring.

Monday 4/22
San Juanico - Relax, Explore, Surf!

Tuesday 4/23
Another long day - We will leave at 7am. Head to Comondu and make a stop to hang out the San Javier Mission. I personally think this is the coolest place in Baja! This will be as far south as we will go. From here we will move down to Loreto to get supplies and top off fuel. We will end the day in Bahia de Concepcion (Bay of Concepcion). We will stay here Tuesday night and Wednesday night

Wednesday 4/24
Bahia de Concepcion - Relax, Explore, Swim!

Thursday 4/25
We will leave Bahia de Concepcion at 7 am. We'll make a stop in Santa Rosalia to have lunch and check out the cast iron mission. We will head to Poncho's Place in San Rafael. Poncho's is an excellent fishing spot. Bring your gear if you want to catch some good eats! We will stay there Thursday and Friday nights.

Friday 4/26
San Rafael - Relax Explore, Fish!

Saturday 4/27
Will leave Poncho's by 8 am. We'll make a stop in Bahia de Los Angeles (Bay of LA) for lunch and end the day at a hotel in San Felipe.

Sunday 4/28
We'll be leaving San Felipe at 5 am to head toward the US border crossing.

Total mileage in Baja is 1350miles

8yearsglobal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

?
First Name
Bronson
Last Name
Mills
Member #

We are doing a trip down to southern Baja in April. We currently have 6 rigs going and we have 4 spots that are open if anyone is interested in a awesome trip.

If you would like to join us please E mail me at mikeshaffer1066@gmail.com

Attached is a list of tentative details for our Baja trip:

Saturday 4/20
8 am meet at Walmart in El Centro, CA. Depart 9 am and head toward the Mexicali border. Stop in San Felipe for lunch and in Gonzaga Bay for the night.

Sunday 4/21
This will be the longest day of the trip. We will leave Gonzaga Bay 7 am. Stop by Coco's Corner to have a beer and out to the highway then down to San Ignacio to check ourt the mission there. We will stay in San Juanico (aka Scorpion Bay) Sunday night through Monday night. San Juanico has a great little hotel restaurant where we can stay. If you think you want to stay at the hotel, please let me know so I can work on room reservations. This will be the only hotel opportunity until the end of the trip. Otherwise, the beach is only 1/2 mile away, if you prefer to camp. Scorpion Bay is unique because the bay break is so far out that the waves travel for a long time. This has made it the most popular place to surf in Baja. There are places to rent boards if you don't have one to bring.

Monday 4/22
San Juanico - Relax, Explore, Surf!

Tuesday 4/23
Another long day - We will leave at 7am. Head to Comondu and make a stop to hang out the San Javier Mission. I personally think this is the coolest place in Baja! This will be as far south as we will go. From here we will move down to Loreto to get supplies and top off fuel. We will end the day in Bahia de Concepcion (Bay of Concepcion). We will stay here Tuesday night and Wednesday night

Wednesday 4/24
Bahia de Concepcion - Relax, Explore, Swim!

Thursday 4/25
We will leave Bahia de Concepcion at 7 am. We'll make a stop in Santa Rosalia to have lunch and check out the cast iron mission. We will head to Poncho's Place in San Rafael. Poncho's is an excellent fishing spot. Bring your gear if you want to catch some good eats! We will stay there Thursday and Friday nights.

Friday 4/26
San Rafael - Relax Explore, Fish!

Saturday 4/27
Will leave Poncho's by 8 am. We'll make a stop in Bahia de Los Angeles (Bay of LA) for lunch and end the day at a hotel in San Felipe.

Sunday 4/28
We'll be leaving San Felipe at 5 am to head toward the US border crossing.

Total mileage in Baja is 1350miles