Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
If you were heading to San Felipe for 3 to 4 days where are everyone's favorite spots to camp out there? I was going to head down there Dec 17ish

Thanks in advance for your guys input its always quite helpful!

Reactions: Andrew Lopez

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Yes I have a amazing camping spot just a bit north of San Felipe. I will send you the coordinates when I find them.

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

I posted a GPS track from the highway to the camping spot. This is one of my all time favorite camping spots. You can camp in the cove/canyon or right along the beach. Just be aware that there is illegal fishing that is going on in this area. So you might see trucks with there headlights off going down the trail. Don't worry they are not bandits or anything. They are just going out to there boats. I really love Baja.

Attachments

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Ended up at petes camp for 3 days! I highly recommend that for San Felipe! Jroettele didnt make your spot as my whole group cancelled on me and I wanted to go so just went solo ! Next time we will hit up your spot there !DJI_0021.JPG petes.jpg Naptime.jpg

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Thanks for the pictures beautiful spot. Been talking to the wife about a Mexico trip & her jaw dropped when she saw those pictures. Thanks again.

Reid Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rogue River, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BHH

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Awesome photos! I'm new to trying to navigate this forum so I may have missed it, but where exactly is this petes camp?
Petes camp is just north of the town of San Felips on the Sea of Cortez side of Baja

Petes camp is just north of the town of San Felips on the Sea of Cortez side of Baja
Thanks! I looked it up and have found it now... thought this was some super secret informal thing and not an actual business. Would a campsite on the beat at the beginning of February need to be booked in advance or is this the type of place where you just show up and there is always space?

Reactions: Reid Adventures

Reid Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rogue River, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BHH
Thanks! I looked it up and have found it now... thought this was some super secret informal thing and not an actual business. Would a campsite on the beat at the beginning of February need to be booked in advance or is this the type of place where you just show up and there is always space?
I was looking over their website and I believe it said you have to make reservations at least two weeks ahead of time.

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I had visited Mexicali many times for work and entered through the Calexico/Mexicali border from San Diego. No issues driving during the day ... not sure how it is during the night.
I have always been asked to come back for a personal trip and take the family (Wife, 7yo, 1yo) to San Felipe. Is it family friendly down there? Would you advise against night time driving?

Also, the idea of Canyon de Guadalupe hot springs looks enticing. How is that road from Hwy2D? There is the Tecate border crossing close by ... how is that compared to Mexicali?

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
I had visited Mexicali many times for work and entered through the Calexico/Mexicali border from San Diego. No issues driving during the day ... not sure how it is during the night.
I have always been asked to come back for a personal trip and take the family (Wife, 7yo, 1yo) to San Felipe. Is it family friendly down there? Would you advise against night time driving?

Also, the idea of Canyon de Guadalupe hot springs looks enticing. How is that road from Hwy2D? There is the Tecate border crossing close by ... how is that compared to Mexicali?
I 100% advise against driving at night anywhere down in Baja

Reactions: 06tacodude

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Has anybody been down in Baja lately? Thinking about heading back down for a bit