Off-Road Ranger I

Pleasant Hill, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
JJJ
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6VHF
I would get pictures of him and his car; plates to. Then I would do a "suspicious car" call on him. Have LEO check him out. He might leave the area after that.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Yeah I've been thinking about this. I no longer think he lives in the van though. It seems to be filled with crap and not livable inside. The van comes and goes but there are a bunch of bins and crap that he leaves stacked up against the wall behind where he parks. This is an apartment complex so I can't imagine they are just letting a random dude live in their parking lot. I think now that he must live in one of the apartments. Also I have noticed that there are 2 different guys messing around with that van, so I'm not sure who it belongs to now.

I noticed yesterday that there is a table set up just on the other side of the low fence from where the van parks. The van was on that side the day before and one of the tweakers was pulling stuff out of it there. There is a sign that says garage sale and it has some items displayed. The van was gone so I decided to head over and see if my LED's were for sale. There was a bunch of weird random crap but no LED's. I went in to the liquor store to see if the owner looked like he might be an associate of theirs but he was an older Chinese guy. I should have asked him about the stuff for sale outside but I blanked. I suppose it could have been his but I doubt it. Not sure why he would let them keep it so close to his property though.

At any rate, I don't think getting rid of them will be as simple as phoning in as a suspicious vehicle.

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

It might be. There is a fair chance one or both have outstanding warrants, the van is not properly registered, it's not the first call the cops have had, etc.... Also, more than likely, they have discovered a spot they feel no one bothers them, so, a visit from the authorities questioning what they are up to will probably cause them to not enjoy the spot as they previously did. People like this operate in areas that they don't get hassled.