Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Is anyone planning on going to Baja in October 2021? I am looking at joining or planning a trip between Oct 1st and Oct 28th 2021.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I'm looking to make a trip to Mexico.
I'm getting my Jeep ready now. Next month is a new bumper and a winch.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

My 2020 schedule is packed, but I may be interested in joining a 2021 run to Baja.

Reactions: SNO-RNR

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

My 2020 schedule is packed, but I may be interested in joining a 2021 run to Baja.
I am busy planning a 4 week trip to Expo West and MOAB/Utah at the moment. Then I am planning a 4 week trip to Colorado for next Summer. But I will be gathering some information and doing some planning for Baja in the background.

Reactions: SinisterJK

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I am busy planning a 4 week trip to Expo West and MOAB/Utah at the moment. Then I am planning a 4 week trip to Colorado for next Summer. But I will be gathering some information and doing some planning for Baja in the background.
Keep me posted.

Reactions: SinisterJK

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Keep me posted.
We're planning a trip for Expo West and then taking a whole week to wheel Moab, visit Valley of the Gods & Canyonlands National Park and run some of the Badge of Honor Trails. So far the idea was to either take of from Florida and run the TAT to expo and then explore Moab or TAT on the way back. I would love to plan something and convoy to and wheel with others the time in Moab.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Awesome keep me
We're planning a trip for Expo West and then taking a whole week to wheel Moab, visit Valley of the Gods & Canyonlands National Park and run some of the Badge of Honor Trails. So far the idea was to either take of from Florida and run the TAT to expo and then explore Moab or TAT on the way back. I would love to plan something and convoy to and wheel with others the time in Moab.
updated. We are looking at North Rim Canyon 18th of May then head up to MOAB. We have two nights on the White Rim the 20th/21st. Drive to MOAB via Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods and Butler Wash Road. We will probably stay in Moab doing 4 wheel trails and climbing/hiking until the 25th or 26th. We are in a stock 4runner TRD Pro, so probably not as capable as your jeep. We want to do a few trails like Fins and Things. I would love to do Top of the World. I hear it's getting harder due to trail erosion on some obstacles. Hopefully, we can do it. I want to do Chicken Corners, Hells Revenge, Onion Creek. After Moab, we want to head to some of the other parks. Spend 10 days doing Zion, Bryce Canyons and Capitol Reef.

whiskeyandwayfarers

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Kelyn
Last Name
Lampkin
Member #

Awesome keep me

updated. We are looking at North Rim Canyon 18th of May then head up to MOAB. We have two nights on the White Rim the 20th/21st. Drive to MOAB via Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods and Butler Wash Road. We will probably stay in Moab doing 4 wheel trails and climbing/hiking until the 25th or 26th. We are in a stock 4runner TRD Pro, so probably not as capable as your jeep. We want to do a few trails like Fins and Things. I would love to do Top of the World. I hear it's getting harder due to trail erosion on some obstacles. Hopefully, we can do it. I want to do Chicken Corners, Hells Revenge, Onion Creek. After Moab, we want to head to some of the other parks. Spend 10 days doing Zion, Bryce Canyons and Capitol Reef.

I'll be on the White Rim on the same days on a trip im doing from California, keep me posted

Reactions: SNO-RNR

Boba-Fett

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Banos, CA, USA
First Name
Gerardo
Last Name
Buitron
Member #

I am in the process to setting a trip to baja inither late April early May, I will keep updates...

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

The most important thing is a open mind and a good attitude. There will some challenges, it's not America, go with it. Going to Baja is just like going to any other remote area. Baja is greeting smaller too. Food stuffs are in most areas, even small towns. There parts stores also. You will not be more than a few hours away most things. Gas can be found in most towns, just ask the locals.

Reactions: HIALT2D

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
We are planning to make a short trip at the end of may. 25-28
Although it can be windy anywhere anytime in Baja, May is a great time to visit the Sea of Cortez side. We've been doing an extended Mother's Day weekend to an area just south of the town of San Felipe for quite a few years now & it's one of our favorite times of the year to go. Generally, the weather is quite comfortable with daytime temps in the mid-high 80's (sometimes into the low 90's) & nighttime temps into the mid-high 60's. This is also usually right before the temps & humidity start climbing up. The water temps are getting more & more comfortable around this time as well.

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
If we're interested in this trip, is there a list of essentials for a vehicle? Equipment, etc?
Although it depends a lot on where you are planning to go, there are usually a fair amount of people (locals & visitors) on the roads. There are also the Green Angels (think AAA...) that patrol the roads for the purpose of assisting stranded travelers, although we don't see them as frequently these days. That being said, the smartest way to travel in any part of Baja is to be prepared to get yourself un-stuck or out of trouble. There are a number of "auto parts stores" in the bigger cities, but if you are driving something rare/unusual/not the norm, you can get stuck waiting for "specialized" parts to be delivered. Bringing things like spare hoses & belts can save you from having to wait for something to be shipped from the states. It also depends on whether or not you plan to do any "off-roading" while in Baja.

At minimum, I would bring plenty of water (for you & your vehicle), a basic tool kit, duct tape, bailing wire, zip-ties, hammer, pry-bar, shovel, heavy duty work gloves, a tarp or moving blanket, tire patch kit, at least 1 good sturdy jack with a good wide base for stabilization, tow strap, recovery boards and some heavy duty rope. If you don't have a winch, a Hi-Lift Jack can be used in some cases to pull you out of a hole if you've buried your tires. You can also use the fairly in-expensive "come-along" from Harbor Frieght. for the same thing.

This is the minimum I would bring & I'm sure others may even add to this list.

Safe Travels....

Reactions: MMc