Backpacking and hiking

• HTML tutorial

Marty_L

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Victorville, CA
Member #

Does anyone go backpacking in Southern California? I'm just getting into backpacking and wouldn't mind the company.

titicaca

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Calgary
Did a 4 day section of the Teton Crest Trail, late August. Got snowed in, glad we made the call to stay put and turned it into a unplanned 5 days. 10,300 ft pass and the kids were troopers.
P1080338small.JPG

Reactions: PicNick and Marty_L

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Did a 4 day section of the Teton Crest Trail, late August. Got snowed in, glad we made the call to stay put and turned it into a unplanned 5 days. 10,300 ft pass and the kids were troopers.
View attachment 67741
Smart thinking! Glad to hear it was only the one extra day and that y'all came home safe!

Also, that's a beautiful view

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I really miss backpacking. When I was in high school I was part of a BSA Venture Crew. For those 4 years every summer I did one big trip that was 7 to 10 days in the back country, typically doing trail work while we were there, and a handful of 2 or 3 day trips. We also did a few snow camps which were tons of fun. Someday Ill get back into it...

Contributor I

Does anyone go backpacking in Southern California? I'm just getting into backpacking and wouldn't mind the company.
There's a lot open to interpretation for Southern California. I consider anything on the South border of Sequoia National Park - South Sierra Wilderness, Golden Trout Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest... San Luis Obisbo - and south in Southern California. There are too many (too many) options on that table to list.

Within the presumption of semi-capable vehicle, there are so many trail heads to get to. Though, I've seen a few Prius' in places they ought-not to be, but the drivers had drive, determination, and will.

What area are you located in/what's your home base?