Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

We love to see the sites. We will look up different national forest attractions and hike in. For example this last year we traveled all thru the ozarks and we kayaked the buffalo river and hiked in to see the glory hole ...yes its a real place...waterfall inside a cave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
We love to see the sites. We will look up different national forest attractions and hike in. For example this last year we traveled all thru the ozarks and we kayaked the buffalo river and hiked in to see the glory hole ...yes its a real place...waterfall inside a cave. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app
I am not a multi-day hiker kind of guy but my wife and oldest daughter may talk me into it at some point. I am interested in multi-day kayaking though. I've heard the buffalo is beautiful but haven't been there. I'm not an experienced kayaker by any means. Is the water pretty fast or technical? I kayaked the Niangua this last year. I am planning to do Mullberry in the Spring. Those are both one day trips. I'd like to do at least a 3 day on the buffalo but need to do more research.

Reactions: Overlandfamily901

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Monarh 001.jpg

I love hiking! Over the last 11 years I've had the pleasure of living in five states and I've hiked every one of them! Attached is a picture near Monarch, MT.

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

My fiance and I are looking at doing some wheeling and hiking in the Ozarks this summer, which trails did y'all go on?

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

We did glory hole and some random stops along the way. We found an abandoned village out along the way that was kind of cool.

Cool deal, I'll have to look up where that is when I get home from work. I'd hate to google search "glory hole in Arkansas" on my work computer :tearsofjoy:

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Cool deal, I'll have to look up where that is when I get home from work. I'd hate to google search "glory hole in Arkansas" on my work computer :tearsofjoy:
Trust me. I was taking my wife and 6 year old to it. I thought it was a mistake. It's a waterfall inside a cave carved out by the water. Tradition there is you get your hands muddy and put your hand print on the wall of the cave

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Trust me. I was taking my wife and 6 year old to it. I thought it was a mistake. It's a waterfall inside a cave carved out by the water. Tradition there is you get your hands muddy and put your hand print on the wall of the cave

That's pretty slick! I bet that's beautiful if you catch it at sunrise. Assuming there's not too much tree cover up top of course