Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Has anyone taken out their back seats to build a platform? I dont care what brand of truck, just looking for ideas and tips. I'm looking to take mine out of my 2017 Silverado Crew Cab, and plan to put a fridge on the passenger side and a drawer system on the driver side. The back bench is a 60/40 split, so it works perfectly to use the "40" section on the passenger side for the fridge. In the event I ever need a seat for a 3rd passenger, I can take fridge out, take the platform out and put the seat back in. Thanks

Ajwcotton

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Kansas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0RIE
I did in my silverado. Couple pics in this thread.

mrseth

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Loveland, Colorado, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Schueller
Member #

All I can say on this is if you take out your rear seat, HOLD ON TO IT! When I tossed my rear seat for a full sized platform, I didn't know my family would grow and required my dedicated rig to become the mom car haha.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

All I can say on this is if you take out your rear seat, HOLD ON TO IT! When I tossed my rear seat for a full sized platform, I didn't know my family would grow and required my dedicated rig to become the mom car haha.
Yea I definitely plan to keep it. Hoping to make the passenger side (which is the 40%) easily interchangeable

Reactions: mrseth

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I pulled the 60 part of my 60/40 seat “temporarily“ for a trip last summer. I’ve discovered it’s nice to have the space to put crates when I go out. I might put it back, but fi4 now it’s nice not having it.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

If you get a platform and the 2 drawers, you’re looking at $1500 minimum plus shipping
Huh, well the 100% delete for the Gladiator was under $1k shipped free.

Sounds like you are adding to the delete and assuming shipping, maybe you should contact them directly if you are really interested.

ETA : I don't know if you have had any bed liner applied, which is what the deck system is sprayed with, but a mid size truck bed is $500.

I seriously considered building my own, and will almost certainly modify theirs, but their decks are very nice and not in my opinion over priced

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Huh, well the 100% delete for the Gladiator was under $1k shipped free.

Sounds like you are adding to the delete and assuming shipping, maybe you should contact them directly if you are really interested.

ETA : I don't know if you have had any bed liner applied, which is what the deck system is sprayed with, but a mid size truck bed is $500.

I seriously considered building my own, and will almost certainly modify theirs, but their decks are very nice and not in my opinion over priced
Yea I’m going to probably make my own. Will be a fun little project. I have enough other items for the truck I should buy before spending money on this. Plus Goode Gear doesn’t have a Silverado seat delete from my research

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
I have a 2018 RAM 2500 crew cab that I plan on a rear seat delete. I am planning to build with 80/20 with sliding drawers. I have sensitive Ham Radio gear that I want to protect from the elements.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I've also been thinking about pulling the rear bench seat out of my 2017 ram. My old f150 was a regular cab but with the mini rear doors and I loved having the 12 or so inches behind the seats.

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
I've also been thinking about pulling the rear bench seat out of my 2017 ram. My old f150 was a regular cab but with the mini rear doors and I loved having the 12 or so inches behind the seats.
Are you thinking wood or 80/20?

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Google it. Extruded aluminum building system.
Yeah, I did just after posting. Lol
I'm sure it's good stuff but I'm not making an elaborate rack system. I'll only need one, maybe two simple shelves with tie downs using the seat mount locations. After looking up the cost, I can build the entire thing cheaper with other materials than just the brackets that would be necessary.

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
Yeah, I did just after posting. Lol
I'm sure it's good stuff but I'm not making an elaborate rack system. I'll only need one, maybe two simple shelves with tie downs using the seat mount locations. After looking up the cost, I can build the entire thing cheaper with other materials than just the brackets that would be necessary.
I hear you. I have elaborate plans with slides and doors.