Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
Hi all just wanted to share that I finally managed to pick up a LandCruiser 120.
I have been away after my discover 3 broke my heart with breakdown after breakdown.

have been looking for a Landcruiser 120 for ages been to look at a few and all were overpriced with lots of problems. but today I found a local 03 plate LC3 and so far I'm very happy.
First job was to get my OB badge on her (done) next is full service, wax oil the chassis and then run it for a while see if any gremlins show up. Then I think it will be some BFG Ko2 and start thinking of how it's going to work for me. want to see lots more of the UK and Europe and get to some meetups with you guys. let me know what you think and any recommendations.

thanks all
image0.jpegimage2.jpeg

Last edited:

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Congratulations on the 120! I'm sure it'll bring you miles and miles of pleasure.

Reactions: paramatt

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
It’s a little update but a super handy one for me as the old unit was not good at all glad I can get some map apps and an OB wallpaper.
Was a pain to fit but I’m happy with what I got for now!!

Truck is still running very well post the service so saving up for the next thing!!

Attachments

doodahoops

Rank II

Enthusiast I

UK
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Hooper
Member #

I love my 120 - again got it after a Disco that cost me a fortune. Have done quite a bit so far, though trying to keep it as stock as possible. Is yours an LC3 as well?

2020-08-14 16-42-55.jpeg

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
I love my 120 - again got it after a Disco that cost me a fortune. Have done quite a bit so far, though trying to keep it as stock as possible. Is yours an LC3 as well?

View attachment 179181
Yours looks like a lovely truck. Yeah I got an LC3 as well wanted the most non electric extras to go wrong as possible! I love my 120 so much great 4x4

doodahoops

Rank II

Enthusiast I

UK
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Hooper
Member #

Got mine for the same reasons and as it was an ex demonstrator it has leather seats. Have done lots of little mods over the last couple of years. Biggest thing was getting the injectors done this year at 150k with the EGR and Manifold cleaned at the same time. They were disgusting. Not cheap but has given the engine another 150k and drives like a dream now. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: paramatt

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
Got mine for the same reasons and as it was an ex demonstrator it has leather seats. Have done lots of little mods over the last couple of years. Biggest thing was getting the injectors done this year at 150k with the EGR and Manifold cleaned at the same time. They were disgusting. Not cheap but has given the engine another 150k and drives like a dream now. Highly recommend it.
Yeah I seen abut online about the injectors I think k it would be on my list but I understand it’s very expensive. do you have a list of the mods you have done? would love to know what you recommend?