AZ_OVERLAND trailer build

• HTML tutorial

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Well bought this trailer from a feller in late November as I guess an early Christmas present to myself but seeing as how it's going to be used by the whole family it's not really for me. Anyways got this sucker from offerup for a decent price and as soon as I got it hooked up to my Jeep I realized it needed more lift. So that's kinda where it's at. Working on the suspension and getting new bigger tires.

Note: not my jeep sellers jeep.

Sent from my SM-N900V using OB Talk mobile app

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Working on the new suspension. These are rear jeep YJ springs with 4 inches of lift. This setup should be about 6inches higher then the old setup with tires and being loaded. I also took measurements for a 20 gallon underbelly water tank.

But as luck would have it I pulled a few muscles at work so my plans to pick up some steel Friday have been put on hold since I can't lift more then a few pounds of weight without pain. Doctor said I should be good to go in about 6 weeks.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Cool trailer! You're off to a great start.. Keep us up to date on the build. I am watching trailer builds a lot right now, I will be starting a build this summer. Wife, both our kids and me are heading into Colorado for 2 weeks late summer of 2018. No real plans as of yet on what area or trails but it will be fun!

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Cool trailer! You're off to a great start.. Keep us up to date on the build. I am watching trailer builds a lot right now, I will be starting a build this summer. Wife, both our kids and me are heading into Colorado for 2 weeks late summer of 2018. No real plans as of yet on what area or trails but it will be fun!
Very cool yeah my family is making a trip memorial day weekend so this injury kinda sets me back a lot.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Very cool yeah my family is making a trip memorial day weekend so this injury kinda sets me back a lot.

That sucks, man.. Any local friends that can come help or are you a member of any local off-road groups? I ran into issues getting my new front springs into my XJ when I lifted it, made a post on my local Jeep club Facebook page and a guy came and helped me do it, we drank a few beers, talked and got to know eachother- it was a good time.

Reactions: scooterd58

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

That's a good looking trailer, the water tank is a great idea. I hope your back gets better quickly!

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Not a bad few days. Was able to spend a little time to get new supports welded in and get the suspension mounts tacked up. Hope to finish this thing up soon and get to work on the tongue, box, water storage, rack, shower system, kitchen.... I better just stop I've got a huge list.

Theduke

Rank 0

Contributor I

Nice build! I'm working on designing my own trailer right now. Just trying to decide the route I want to go down. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Well I'll get pics later but the suspension is welded in I'm currently working on the tongue. And then need to figure out a jack setup for the front and rear along with a rear swing out tire carrier.

AZ_Overland

Rank III

Advocate II

Next 30 days:
Move fenders down 9 inches and trim
Lights mounted and wired
Add trailer jack w/wheel

30-100 days:
Purchase water tank
Purchase L5 water heater
Mount water tank