2 Busy Living

Rank II

Advocate I

Jacksonville, St. Johns County, Florida, United States
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Greetings everyone, I currently have a rtt and awning mounted to a bed rack that's somewhat low profile, see pic. I'm looking for an awning mounting solution that would raise my awning up the same height as the rtt. Currently when deployed it's almost too low and leaves the tailgate exposed. I'd like to be able to shift it forward and higher, if that makes sense? Thanks

Attachments

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I'm betting some unistrut would work. There are numerous connectors, brackets, strut sizes and configurations that could easily integrate with your rack and tent/awning hardware to do what you want. Why re-invent the wheel, when you can improvise, adapt and overcome? Just thinking out loud...

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

If you raise the awning will it interfere with the rtt being open? If not I'd just go for some 3/16" steel shaped to raise the awning where it is bolted to the brackets. Say 2 , 3" x 6" pieces with the holes drilled and the bottom angle cut.........

2 Busy Living

Rank II

Advocate I

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
If you raise the awning will it interfere with the rtt being open? If not I'd just go for some 3/16" steel shaped to raise the awning where it is bolted to the brackets. Say 2 , 3" x 6" pieces with the holes drilled and the bottom angle cut.........
Yep, that's something I've considered. Will have to shift tent towards driver side and make sure there's a big enough space between rtt and awning to allow the rtt to open. May reahc out to a local fabrication business and see if they can some sort of bracket for me.

2 Busy Living

Rank II

Advocate I

First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
I'm betting some unistrut would work. There are numerous connectors, brackets, strut sizes and configurations that could easily integrate with your rack and tent/awning hardware to do what you want. Why re-invent the wheel, when you can improvise, adapt and overcome? Just thinking out loud...
Great suggestions, I'll do a little research around unistruts and maybe I'll find one that will work for me. Thanks

Reactions: lhoffm4