Awning - Drivers side or Pass side???

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Scott Murray

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Australind WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Mine is on the left side (Passengers side), I chose this as my drop down fridge slide comes out on this side aswell. And my RTT used to come down on the drivers side (Right Side).

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

click on the link below

chuckoverland

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Last year the awning was on the cab on the drivers side, tent opened passenger on bedrack. This year we switched because when the awning room is attached its harder to access the cab. We figured easier access to the drivers seat and ignition would be nice. Hence the switch.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

I put it on the passenger side because usually when I park my rig I am trying to get closer to a tree or object on the driver's side leaving plenty of room on the passenger side to setup camp.

smritte

Rank V

Traveler III

Ontario California
Member #

Ham Callsign
KO6BI
Mines a tarp held in place with painters poles. Its clips on with small Carabineers. I can set it on either side. Depending on how I park will depend on how its set. If I have the trailer I tend to set it driver side. If I'm out and want to set it up for lunch, I tend to do passenger side for some reason.
I guess if it was permanent, I would do driver.