Auxillary License Plate Light

• HTML tutorial
Anybody ever use an aftermarket license plate light? My license plate is on my tire carrier, and I need a way to illuminate it. Any suggestions or recommendations?

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I used this one and mounted it on the carrier I built. Really the tricky part is running the wiring to the swing out.
I also painted the front of it black as it was too bright out the back of the car.

license_plate_led.JPG

Dan.

Reactions: zachtyler

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Yeah it's bright. I built a can carrier for a customer and used this, then some of the led's went bad, but mine has been OK.
You can tap in to your current license plate lights or a taillight, whichever is convenient.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: zachtyler

JusCampin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Roseville, California
Member #

We used an aluminum lighted license plate frame from the Hot Rod guys on my sons old Toyota Pickup. We mounted it on the right side of the tailgate. Real clean looking install.

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Anybody ever use an aftermarket license plate light? My license plate is on my tire carrier, and I need a way to illuminate it. Any suggestions or recommendations?
My tire carrier came with an LED strip over the plate holder. The thing is brighter than most car's puddle lights, which makes it great for not tripping around in the dark when the parking lights are on.