Auxiliary Wiring to the Warn Zeon 10S Platinum... Let's Just Say I'm Confused. ***SOLVED***

• HTML tutorial

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

:flushed:

I bought the Warn Zeon 10S Platinum in part because of the listed ability to wire things like LED Lights and air compressors into the two auxiliary posts on the winch and control them with the winch remote. Now that I'm getting close to time to actually be able to install (thus I've had to actually THINK about it) I'm unsure of how to proceed. I would like to wire the Baja Designs 30" S8 light bar that will be in my bumper and the dual ARB onboard air compressor to the winch. My ignorance has me asking the following:
  • Will the power for these two units be supplied by the winch through the aux ports?
  • If so, what kind of connectors are pictured below?
20200609_215622_original.jpg

I understand that there are wiring harnesses available for the winch as well as the lights and the compressor; but for a run of a couple of feet for the lights and a few more feet under the hood to the compressor I just can't see the nearly $200 for them when I would think a small custom harness could be made at MUCH less cost.

Last edited:

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
The connector type is called a SAE connector, also called a bullet lead connector they are commonly available, but a quick check on Amazon indicates several sizes available according to wire gauge. from 18-10 AWG I do not know which size you would need.

Reactions: Big Easy Overland

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Sorry to resurrect this, but I finally contacted WARN and asked. What made me do this was that I was under the impression that I could run auxiliary light(s) and/or an air compressor from the two auxiliary power ports on the winch. Yeah... I know...

What made me think this was possible was a product video from WARN that said you could control auxiliary items such as lights and a air compressor from the remote. Well, now I know what they meant by that statement and it makes perfect sense (and to be honest makes me feel a bit silly for not realizing that all along). What the auxiliary ports are meant for is to be used as a switch, sending power to a relay that would then power the light(s) and/or compressor. Doh! Oh well... at least I didn't just wire it up and burn up the wiring.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The leds would likely be fine on the sae the compressor i wouldn't on the sae wiring.

Sae is commonly use for solar and feeds well over 100 watts , part of my house is ran with auxiliary solar at 200watts on sae wiring and has been for 10 years with no problem.

And led advertised power rating is just what the mfg thinks their light is comparable to, example: a 40 watt led light is going to be advertised as a 400 watt, each little led diode in a light pod is between 2 and 5 watts depending on mfg, usually they draw 3watts.
So if your led pod has 20x3watt diodes that light is 60 watts not the 600watt it would be advertised as. Obviously a light bar would have more power usually around 250watt to 400watts which you would want to use a 40amp relay on. Any wiring harness for leds light should come with a 40amp relay.